How to setup BUY X GET Y FREE (with Y is any product) without code?

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi guys,

I want to set up BUY X GET Y FREE.

With Y is 1 in all of the products (Any product).

Without use discount code. Customers just add 2 any items to the cart and BOGO promotion active right away before they go to checkout page.

I tried to install and use the Ultimate Sales Boost app, but couldn't set up (May I do wrong way).

Please help me, guys!

Thank you so much!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @7Steven!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out with this question, and welcome to the Shopify Community. 

The best way to set up a Buy X Get Y discount, without using a discount code, is to use automatic discounts directly within your Shopify admin. These discounts are applied automatically to applicable orders, without customers having to manually enter in a discount code. The customer will see this discount applied to their order in their cart, and also within the checkout on your site. To set up a Buy X Get Y automatic discount, just follow these steps. Does this look like the type of discount code you're looking for? 

I'm sorry to hear that the app you tried didn't work. If you prefer to use an app, rather than the built-in automatic discount feature, then I suggest reaching out to the app developer directly to inquire further about how to set up their app and how it works. You can contact them by following these steps. Equally, you may want to check out some similar apps like Automatic Discount or Discount Ninja to add this feature to your site, as well. These are also third party integrations, so if you require any assistance with setting up these apps, make sure to reach out to the app developers directly for more information. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, and I'll be glad to help further. 

In the meantime, do you have any plans to advertise the discounts you're offering? I'd love to hear more about any marketing campaigns you have in mind! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
319 13 29

Hi @7Steven 

Was your issue solved yet?

If not, here is an article on the topic of setting up buy X and get Y discount 

https://avada.io/shopify/docs/how-create-buy-x-get-y-discount-shopify.html

With this instruction, you can set a discount= 100%, then your customer can get a free product.

If you find it's still hard to use, don't worry, this discount app will help you solve your issue much easier.

Regards

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 7

You need to fix automatic discounts. There is bug. I set up buy 2 get 1 free and when I add to cart and select 2 items it doesnt show discount. I have to click on quantity + again to activate it. Please resolve this. It's very annoying

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @raj09199999

I appreciate you reaching out to let me know about this issue you're encountering. 

To confirm, did you create your automatic Buy X Get Y discount code by following these steps? If so, it's important to note that customers must add all applicable items to their shopping cart first in order for the discount code to correctly apply, as the items that are part of the promotion won't be automatically added to the customer's cart. We have more details on this here

In the meantime though, can you please tell me a bit more about the steps you're taking when you click on the quantity to activate the discount? Feel free to share a screenshot of how this process appears on your end, so that I can take a closer look into this. I recommend blocking out any sensitive information on the screenshot, too. 

I'd also like to test out this discount code on my end directly. With this in mind, can you please reply back to me here with your store's URL, as well as the discount code, and the products required to activate this code? 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon with more details! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 7

Here are the pics below:

Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNGCapture 3.PNG

As you can see i created discount correctly. Buy 2 get one free for my shelfpurse product. I selected quantity 2. But still discount doesn't apply.Infact I have to click on + again to avail the discounted value. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @raj09199999

Thank you for getting back to me with these details. 

I can see you have this discount code set up so that when customers buy two ShelfPurse products, they are able to receive a third for free. In order for customers to take advantage of this automatic discount, they will need to add three ShelfPurse products into their cart first. Automatic discounts will only apply once all eligible items are inside the cart - including the items the customer needs to purchase to receive the discount, as well as the free item they will receive as part of the promotion. This help document outlines more details on this. 

With this in mind, as long as customers add three ShelfPurse products into their cart, they should receive the automatic discount, and get the third product for free. When you test this on your end, does it work correctly?

To ensure this process is clear to your customers, I recommend adding information to your product description that outlines if customers add three ShelfPurse products to their cart, they will only be charged for two, and receive the third for free. You can edit your product description directly in your Shopify admin by clicking 'Products', selecting your ShelfPurse product, and editing the details in the 'Description'  box. 

In the meantime though, I'm going to pass on your feedback to our Product team so they can read over your thoughts regarding how this discount code is applied. 

If there's anything else I can assist with, please let me know! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Thats not what customers think buy x get y free is.

Customers would add only x number of items in their cart expecting to get y number of items automatically given for free.

very wrong logic here

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 7

Yes 100 otercent I agree. Customer won't add 3 to get the buy 2 get 1 free discount. Customer will only add 2 and expect to see the availed discount. Please make these changes so we can set up automatic discount properly. Especially black Friday is coming close too. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

im new to shopify and very frustrated with this logic here. I can't open the website because of this issue.

0 Likes