How to setup BUY X GET Y FREE (with Y is any product) without code?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 28 188

Hi, @dbspez and @raj09199999

Thank you both for sharing your feedback and concerns. 

I understand how important this feature is for each of your businesses, and for customers trying to use Buy X Get Y discounts. With that said, I'm going to share your thoughts on this with our teams directly so that they can review your comments. If we have any updates to share on this in the future, we'll post these on our changelog, so I recommend keeping an eye out there. 

In the meantime though, to ensure customers know how to use Buy X Get Y promotions, I recommend adding an announcement bar to your site that outlines how this discount works. If you're using either the Debut or Venture theme, this feature is built-in and available to set up via the Theme Editor by following the steps listed here under the 'Add an announcement bar' section.

However, if your theme doesn't offer this, using a third-party app like Quick Announcement Bar, or Multi-Announcement Bar Maker, is also a great option. If you have any questions about using these apps to create an announcement bar, the developers of the apps can assist further. You can contact them directly by following these steps

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, and I can certainly lend a hand. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 7

Hi is this automatic discount error fixed yet. It really needs to be Black Friday and Q4 is here. It really is a let down.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 28 188

Hi, @raj09199999

Thank you for following up and checking in. I appreciate you continuing to share your thoughts on this process, and how it's impacting your business ahead of Black Friday Cyber Monday.  

I've shared your feedback regarding the way Buy X Get Y discounts work with our teams directly. While we can't confirm if any changes will be made to the process of using these discounts, if we have new information to share, we'll post an update on our changelog

In the meantime, our help document here outlines more details on how these discount codes work, and how customers can use them. 

Thanks!

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 7

I guess change needs to be made because as you can see in discussion its affecting many others. This automatic discount must be fixed. We are paying Shopify monthly fees for reason. So we expect if there is a bug it should be resolved, especially during critical time like this in Q4. Please address this automatic discount bug/error immediately.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I I just set the automatic discount get 1, buy Y with discount, but it does not show up. Time is also set correctly.
Can you watch with me?discount.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 28 188

Hi, @Marijke

Thanks for joining this thread. I'm happy to help out! 

Did you follow these steps to create this discount code?

If so, when you test this code on your end, are you adding both the minimum quantity of products that the customer needs to buy, as well as the discounted product into your cart? This is required for automatic Buy X Get Y discount codes to work, as the discounted product won't be automatically added to the cart. We have more details on this here

In the meantime, I'd like to test your discount code out on my end. So that I can do this, can you please confirm: 

• Your store's URL
  • The name of the product that the customer needs to buy to qualify for the discount
  • The name of the product that's 10% off 

Once I have these details, I can take a closer look. 

I hope to hear back from you about this soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Is there a way to remind the customer of the Buy X Get Y offer. for example when they go to cart before they checkout, a pop up to say "if you buy this with your current product you get % off" etc. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 28 188

Hi, @tcarroll123

Great question! 

There are many pop-up apps in the Shopify App Store that can help offer this functionality.

An option like Automatic Discount & Gift may be what you're looking for, as this app can be used to upsell, cross-sell, and suggest BOGO deals. Equally, Discount Ninja can be used to offer discounts based on cart value or contents. 

I recommend checking out both of these options to see if they'll suit your needs. It's important to note that these are third-party apps, though, so it's best to reach out to the app developers directly if you have any questions or concerns about using these apps, or setting them up. If needed, you can contact the app developers by following these steps

Let me know if you're looking for a different type of app instead, and I can certainly help make some other suggestions! 

0 Likes