How to skip the shipping method when checking out?

Tourist
5 0 1
I was thinking of it BUT there is no option to insert adress if product is not phisical so I'm also missing the billing address part as well. But maybe this is just me...
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
274 22 37

would need the billing address to charge them money for the product pre-shipping.  Happy to take a look at your store in the morning (3am here, just heading to bed).  Just leave your stores URL with me.  I will send a collab invite and take a look at your settings and run some tests if you like.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
32 2 5

Hi Ann

I also think Shopify checkout page is too lengthy.

As I know, many famous websites offer one-page checkout(as in the screenshot). I hope Shopify can make this possible

All the best

1.png

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
274 22 37

@darcy-tang wrote:

Hi Ann

I also think Shopify checkout page is too lengthy.

As I know, many famous websites offer one-page checkout(as in the screenshot). I hope Shopify can make this possible

All the best

1.png

Hey Darcy.

Although it is nice to have a one step checkout, Shopify has based theirs off years of research and testing.  Also in addition, its hard to do an abandoned cart when everything is on one page, since if you do not submit any info, shopify would not have it.  Even on Plus, where you can edit the checkout files, you can not make a true one page checkout.  You can put it all on one page, but its still a 3 step process.  Just all in one page.  I have only seen it on 1-3 websites ever with shopify.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
1 Like
1 0 1

So any update on this? I'm not sure what this non-transparent "years of research & testing" has to do with people not wanting a literally unnecessary page on their site, but I think it's kind of sad that after all this time there's still been no news or announcement on this issue. At this point I'm sure shopify doesn't even want us to have a solution to this issue. It's sad.

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 1

Any news when this going to be implemented ???

1 Like
2 0 0

Hello!
I have a store. I found that the process is too much when checking out. I think the good shopping platform should be easy to pay, just two processes are enough (press checkout and go to pay directly without taking much time) while placing an order should be fast and easy. Now I see the shipping method is unnecessary. I want to skip the shipping method out of my shopping process because I'm offering Free Shipping to my customers.

Can anyone help with this? Do we have a method to check out smoothly?

Thank you 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

the People: "Shopify is great! Good value for the cost. Wait! I have [use case] where I don't need [x] in my checkout.

*scrambles through several forum posts before...*

the People: "Hey Shopify, how do I edit checkout.liquid?"

Shopify: "Yeah, sure, you can edit the checkout page... for $2k/month with Shopify Plus."

the People: "But we were doing just fine using the $79/month plan, we just want to do this one simple thing... And what is your justification for gating checkout.liquid behind the $2k/mo Shopify Plus"?

Shopify: ... Because we said so

shopify-as-the-hound.jpg

the People: 

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.21.56 PM.jpgTake that! Bunch of jerks...

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Feel free to share the above post with your developers

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
24 0 0

The company I work for has Shopify Plus and I can tell you from personal experience that having access to the checkout.liquid file is nice but it's not all it's cracked up to be.  Most of the logic is still hidden behind the scenes.  You can comment out some of the things that display on the page like the breadcrumbs, but the majority of customization still required us to use custom JavaScript witchcraft to hide specific classes, divs, etc. and the language settings in Shopify Admin to change terminology for a number of reasons.  We still have to go through 2-3 screens to checkout.  The checkout.liquid file is basically like a bunch of function calls, where the functions are hidden and not editable.  All 2-3 screens in the checkout process is combined into that one file including order confirmation screen.

0 Likes