How to skip the shipping method when checking out?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Add me www.Engleberts.com to the list of stores that doesn't need a shipping options page.

We offer Free Shipping on Everything but that doesn't resonate on our site when customers have to go to a shipping option page. Seems unnecessary and can not possibly be better for conversions than a two page or one page process.

Another more frustrating problem is the "shipping calculated at checkout" that is on the product page and cart page. This scares customers away when they've already been told Free Shipping on Everything!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

Its been more than a year since this request was opened. I feel that everyone here deserves at least an ETA on this. This isn't a joke as people are losing business over this. We recently switched to Shopify Plus, hoping that we would be able to optimize the checkout flow, but the templates and mandatory Steps don't help.
Even if you provide the "no. of shipping options" in checkout.liquid, I could write some javascript to skip the shipping step, but that isn't available as well.

Honestly, I feel scammed right now, paying $2k a month, and still not being able to get an unnecessary shipping options page out of the way.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello dear Shopify Users,

So, I have a working solution for most of you!

You can skip the shipping page by editing your bulk products and unmarking the option "require's shipping" or maybe "physical product" on each product page, not sure about the translations since my shopify is in portuguese, but it is around that.

But, know that doing this have consequences and you will not be able to tag your products on instagram posts anymore.

What I been looking for, is to completely remove the page from my store, skip the shipping selection whether the product is or not physical, because I really need to tag my products on instagram.

So if someone knows how to do that thru code, please lemme know.

Thanks!

Rodrigo.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
78 2 7

Was there any development for this topic?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Does anyone care to respond to this in Shopify team? 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 3

I fully agree with this statement:

" ...  "shipping calculated at checkout" ... scares customers away when they've already been told Free Shipping on Everything! ..."

That is not in the interest of Shopify, and, least of all, in the interest of us, the shopkeepers. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Totally agreed count me in

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

True it makes every free shipping process clunky and I bet we drip customers at this stage if they feel you are going to charge for shipping they might not click the button and never finalize.I knew I wasn't the only one to think that when I could not figure out how to do it in the system.

That and adding a buy now button at the and of a product page that has many pictures because by time you scroll down you are far from the buy now button.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I have been watching google analytics live for the last 2 days, and the amount of buyers that get to the information page and go no further is insane. I thought I was doing something wrong and tested on different devices and vpn connections to make sure there wasn't a bug issue. So what I have done is removed the calculate shipping and tax and added Free there and then on the actual payment page i removed the "Shipping Calculated at next step. It seemed to help a bit but I know for a fact I am losing customers because people just don't have patience and if they see "Continue to shipping" when they already think it is free they get a feeling like they are being scammed on the shipping and they bolt as fast as they arrived.

1 Like