How to solve the gift set problem

3 0 0

Resolving inventory seems to be a big pain in the butt so far in Shopify. Let's say I am selling soap. I have a limited inventory. I sell that bar of soap individually which makes tracking inventory with each sale no problem. HOWEVER, I also sell it in a gift set. Furthermore, soap could be the limiting item in the availability of a particular gift set. HOWEVER, when a gift set is sold there doesn't seem any way to take off 1 from the count of the soap without doing it manually. I have written support, but they could not provide me any solutions and there is no app that I see that can do it. How do other people handle this problem?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 0 6

Does the gift set is a combination of several soaps or 1 soap only with variations ?
If you a gift contains only 1 soap than you can set the soap SKU in the gift (SKU can be inside variations or at the listing level).

0 Likes
3 0 0

An example of a gift set would be lavender scrub soap, lavender chamomile tea, lavender candle, and lavender essential oil. All of those items are also sold individually, but we discount if they are sold in sets. In this example, I would need like each time a gift set is sold to subtract 1 from all the individual items, and in the event that one of the individual items in the set reaches a zero level inventory the individual item reads sold out as well as the gift set. Does this make sense?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 0 6

Yes, it makes sense.

You want to have bundle capabilities. My suggestion is that you will search for a bundle Shopify app.

It should resolve your issue.

0 Likes