How to stop Shopify from asking customer for reviews?

Tourist
5 0 2

So apparently my store is asking customers to do a google review of my store, after the purchase. I am not sure which setting or app is causing that? But I am pretty sure it's shopify because as far as I can tell Google doesn't randomly send emails like that. I want it to not do that. But I don't have any "review" apps installed or anything. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

What's the email people are seeing? That would be most helpful. It sounds like Google Customer Reviews. It could be a script you have setup in your settings > checkout. As pointed out in that tutorial, you can use Google Customer Reviews without an app though there are app solutions out there.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 29 47

Hi @Ahmed_Gilani!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Shopify doesn't send store feedback notifications to a customer, instead, you can see a full list of what Shopify might send within the Settings > Notifications section of your admin. Do you have an example of the notification for us to take a look? It could be an old app that's sending the email. I'm happy to take a closer look if you could link me your store's URL? 

Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info.

Happy selling! 

Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes