How to stop my Shopify mails from going to Junk??? Help!

Suricata
Excursionist
20 0 9

Hi friends,

I have a Shopify store and the problem that all mails från Shopify ends up in my junk folder. This means that I easily miss customer messages and orders or are late in responding. Below are the things I have tried but the mails from Shopify still goes to junk. I use Mac Mail. Anyone else have this problem?? Can anyone help me out?

On my computer:
- Marked as "Not Junk" a lot(!) of times.
- Added mailer@shopify.com to my contacts.
- Checked that there are no rules set that would move Shopify mails to Junk.

On server side (I use one.com for mail and my domain):
- De-activated spam filter
- Added "v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all" to the TXT record
- Talked to customer service and they confirmed Shopify mails are not seen as spam from their side.

Reply 1 (1)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @Suricata!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I appreciate the proactive work you did to attempt to resolve your situation. The steps that you took are excellent to ensure that your outgoing emails to your customers are making their way to them and not bouncing back. However, they won't necessarily assist with you receiving emails from Shopify.

We’re seeing some spam folder placement with some mail management services due to the way that emails are worked with on the recipient's side. In the meantime, please mark the emails as “It’s not junk”. If the mail is not in the spam folder, it’s possible that the email may be caught in a temporary processing delay. This action of rescuing emails from the junk folder will significantly help your email management service's filtering algorithms learn that this is legitimate mail that should be placed in the inbox.

Another way that has worked well to ensure that you as an individual aren't missing any of these emails is to create a rule to bypass the junk folder. If you have this option available for your email inbox, this will be a great help! Here's an example of this function in Google's Mail management system:

25-44-25981-92569

You're also welcome to contact our 24/7 support team in the event that notifications are completely going missing. Our team can authenticate you and investigate the situation if you're missing emails altogether.

Since you've taken the time to work on ensuring that your outgoing emails are successfully landing in your recipients' inboxes, it might be a great time to start planning some email marketing strategies. If you're new to email marketing and want to give it a try I definitely recommend it. It's a method that's been around for a while and it still going exceptionally strong. Email is a great way to inform, engage and funnel prospective customers to make their first, second, or other future purchases.

We've got a free course if you want to explore this a bit further as well as a blog that we posted that includes a section on how to avoid the spam folder as a merchant sending outgoing mail. It's a great read and I definitely recommend it!

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog