How to update inventory levels automatically from a dynamic csv file?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi All,

I have thousands of prodcts on my store and I have access to a live/dynamic .csv inventory file from my supliers which is updated hourly. Updating the invetory levels manually by copying the data from the dynamic .csv files and pasting them on the shopify .csv template is an impossible task and extremely time consumig.

Is there a way to link/point my store to these dynamic .csv files to pull the data and update the inventory levels automatically?

Appreciate your help. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
115 0 7

Hi Tarek!

To do this you would need to use an inventory management app. I would recommend checking out TradeGecko here.

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

You also can update Inventory in the xls doc and then import it into the Shopify using this app: https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import.

Export first, then copy the date based on the SKU (for example) and import it back.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

There is solution for all and for extensions and some other product and functions find from these,

https://productimize.com/blog/shopify-product-customizer/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey there Tarek,

This is a bit of a late reply but in case you're still looking for a solution, we have an app called EZ Inventory that's designed specifically to address this issue.

You can use our app to automatically pull the latest inventory data from your suppliers' feeds and update the inventory levels on your Shopify store as frequent as every hour.

In the hourly schedule, you can specify the minute after the hour to start the sync so it can run after the supplier's feed was updated in that hour.  So for example, if they update their feed at the top of the hour and usually takes a couple of minutes to complete, you can schedule the inventory update in our app to run hourly 5 minutes after the hour.

Our app can pull the inventory file automatically from an FTP/SFTP server or via a website URL (you can do a manual file upload as well if needed). We support CSV / TXT / Excel / XML file/data formats.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
0 Likes