How to you handle returns on *local delivery* purchases?

JWalt
2 0 0

Hi! I am launching my commerce site very soon. I am offering national shipping and I also am offering free local delivery for local customers.

I'm confused about how to handle potential returns with local customers. Should a customer that isn't local want to make a return, they are responsible for return shipping.

But what do I do if someone I hand delivered their order to wants to then make a return? I do not have a business address (I work out of my home) and do not want customers bringing their returns to my home address. I will be getting a PO box but do I require local customers to ship an item (that I have previously hand delivered) to me? Even if they live in the same town? I'm leaning towards giving local customers a full refund minus a fee for me physically coming to pick up their item. (Similar to a restocking fee, I guess.) That's the only reasonable thing I can come up with? Does that seem reasonable to you? Has anyone else done that or do you have another suggestion? Thanks!

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
821 72 136

Hi @JWalt 

Hope you're having a great day!

Useful resources:

How to Implement a Return Policy That's a Win for Both You and Your Customers

Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
If you would like to hire us as Shopify experts, please reach out via:
  • Email michal.morek@accomplishify.com
  • WhatsApp +48 507 613 425