I Can't Connect My Facebook Page To Shopify

Alexis_Duranti
Visitor
1 0 6

Hello everybody,

After installing my pixel facebook on my website, I tried to connect it to my facebook buisness page. The problem is that when I click on the "Connect Account" Button in the Facebook Marketing App settings, I get this error message : " There was a problem with Facebook login. Refresh this page and try again. "

Of course even after refreshing the page, it still doesn't work.

Does anybody have a clue about what I messed up ?

Thanks in advance,

Alexis

Replies 223 (223)

Sunny
Shopify Staff
138 14 60

Hi, Alexis!

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru Team and I would be happy to help troubleshoot your Facebook Sales Channel issue. Let's work together to see if we can resolve this together!

First thing I would like you to do is delete the Facebook Sales Channel completely. You can do that by going to Settings > Sales Channel and clicking on the trash can icon beside Facebook.

Once it is deleted, wait about 30 seconds, refresh your page and then re-add the Facebook Sales Channel by clicking on the purple "Add sales channel" button. Once Facebook has been re-added, connect your Facebook business page and see if that works. Let me know if it gives you any trouble this time around. I'm still happy to keep working towards a solution to ensure you're able to successfully use the sales channel to it's fullest!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PixieCakes
Visitor
2 0 11

Hi Sunny!

I've been trying to connect my Facebook page, too, but when I try to click the "ACCEPT" on FB Terms it just blinks and goes right back to the terms. Round and round in circles. HELP!

THANKS!

Wendy Walker

Sunny
Shopify Staff
138 14 60

Hi, Wendy!

Sunny here and I would be happy to help you troubleshoot your Facebook issue.

It sounds like when you're trying to connect the Facebook page, it's looping you through the same process back and forth. There are a few things I would like you to try but first, can you clear your browsers cache for the web browser you’re using? Alternatively, you can try connecting your Facebook Sales Channel using a different browser all together (i.e. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc). Trying on a different browser can help us narrow down the source of the problem. If it does happen to work using another browser, then it may just be a cache issue. Once cleared, you should be good to go, but if not, we’ll keep troubleshooting.

Let me know how that goes and if you can share any screenshots or examples that would be great. I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PixieCakes
Visitor
2 0 11

Sunny! I went on over to Chrome and that seemed to do the trick! THANK YOU  for the suggestions! Now I just gotta get more of my product uploaded. Thanks again!

WW

@Sunny wrote:

Hi, Wendy!

Sunny here and I would be happy to help you troubleshoot your Facebook issue.

It sounds like when you're trying to connect the Facebook page, it's looping you through the same process back and forth. There are a few things I would like you to try but first, can you clear your browsers cache for the web browser you’re using? Alternatively, you can try connecting your Facebook Sales Channel using a different browser all together (i.e. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc). Trying on a different browser can help us narrow down the source of the problem. If it does happen to work using another browser, then it may just be a cache issue. Once cleared, you should be good to go, but if not, we’ll keep troubleshooting.

Let me know how that goes and if you can share any screenshots or examples that would be great. I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Motherbee
Tourist
6 0 7

I have this same issue. It sends me in a loop. I tried all these suggestions and nothing is working.

tmdeeb
Tourist
4 0 7
I have the same problem, I tried all the suggestions. Nothing seems to work, it is asking me to install FacebookCommerce app. And It is going into a loop!
Tranali
Shopify Expert
3 0 1

Hi,

I am trying to connect my facebook page to Shopify store but the button "connect to facebook" not working.

ExoticBear
Excursionist
20 0 6

lol

Parfait
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I can't connect my facebook page with my site.

I have several facebook pages but every time I want to connect the right page with this site, the page never appears.

I contacted facebook support and they say it's not their fault.

I found this group and apply the tips you give for others, like clear the cache but with me it doesn't work.

Thanks 

annikaa
Tourist
3 0 0

Sunny

I have tried all these solutions above, and am still unable to connect facebook business page to shopify.

Can you please help fix this issue.

Tranali
Shopify Expert
3 0 1
Could you please share your email id so we can connect and discuss further.
annikaa
Tourist
3 0 0
Hi, sure- annikaa.akerlund@gmail.com.
ExoticBear
Excursionist
20 0 6

Why dont you post here so we can all see your solution ?

asusultra
Visitor
1 0 0

I was able to get the Facebook Page connection to work after fighting with the same issue. Since I'm just starting out, I didn't have a lot to "lose" when making the following changes (listed mostly in order):

1. Remove Instagram from Page

2. Convert Instagram to Personal Account

3. Remove Instagram from Facebook Business Manager

4. Remove Page from Facebook Business Manager

5. Connect Facebook Page through Shopify

As I write this I just had to reconnect Facebook... Perhaps connecting the Page to Shopify instead of connecting Shopify to the Page is the answer?

Dawson
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm trying to set up my Facebook page to my Shopify shop and only one on my Facebook pages are popping up and I can't set up my Instagram shop feature till I get this setup.

Free2
Visitor
1 0 0

To whom it may concern 

Facebook will not connect to my Shopify account. I have added my Facebook pixel and it keep giving me error message. See attached 

EEDAF5A0-30B6-4807-BE2A-A877BCA9C485.jpeg

romchy
Shopify Partner
143 0 28

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

romchy | Application consultant
Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to WhatsApp 
→ Get Free Guides for Store Sync @ Shopify Feed Product Help Center

→ or Video Help Center Shopify Feed Product
→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product

Romchy | Application consultant Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to WhatsApp:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/GOWhsfPriq5K6hgBJJWTNm

→ Get Free Guides for Store Sync @ Shopify Feed Product Help Center:
https://apps.shopify.com/feed-product-facebook-google

→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product:
Praisefulsoul
Visitor
2 0 0

Why would I want to sign up for yet another membership to fix this problem????????   This is Shopify's responsibility!!!!!!   And they should fix it!!!!!!

Praisefulsoul
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having the same exact issue.  When I click on that error message that you have too, it takes me to a page where I can click on my facebook page and it tells me it's not eligible because it's already associated with a commerce account and cannot be moved to a different business manager.  I am frustrated and appalled that Shopify has no problem taking my money every single month but can't seem to get with facebook and fix this god forsaken problem!!!!!   I'd prefer to go back to the old way!!!!  Connect my instagram and my facebook page.  This new facebook channel thing has so many problems I can't stand and it's not right!   Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Twinning-gifts
4 0 0

i have the same issue!

Tai-81
Visitor
2 0 0

I have used different browsers. I have cleared my cache. It was working fine for a few days and then it just said disconnected and I am a admin on my page.

NickyMc
Visitor
1 0 3

I'm not sure if you solved your problem yet but after me troubleshooting pretty much everything, uninstalling, reinstalling, changing browsers and everything else imaginable, I stumbled on to this YouTube and I fixed my issue in less than one minute. I hope it works for you! It's odd that the job manager role in Admin settings would be the problem but it is miraculously fixed now that I disabled that. BOOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2CuBnvUzXU&feature=youtu.be

JPonson
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you!! It worked!!

Designercovers
Visitor
3 0 0

thank you 

GRASKAMP
Visitor
2 0 4
Hi my name is Peter,
I try to connect my shopify store to my Facebook page but it just doesn't stay connected.
It connects then after 5 seconds it's asking me to reconnect. It uploaded one of my collections but all the other 6 I cannot.
Can you help me with this problem please, I have tried everything from deleting the page and setting up another one to even opening a new Facebook account, nothing seems to work😓looking forward to some assistance thank you Peter
OlgaVnukovskaya
Visitor
1 0 2

Hello, guys! I had the same troubles, trying to connect via Shopify website. I couldn't manage it, because I couldn't complete the final stage: I put "agree" with terms and conditions of FB, but the page reloaded again and again. So I disconnected my account and did it again via iPad (Shopify app). And I managed  it in several seconds!  
Try it, maybe it will work also... 

Best, Olga 

Marc0
Visitor
1 0 0

I tried this and it worked! Used the Shopify app, disconnect the Facebook account, and did it all again. Worked!

It's weird that so many people have the same issue... Thank you Olga!

JudyV
Visitor
2 0 0

I have been trying to connect to my face book page for two days - can't get past "Terms and Conditions" it come up a blank page - see pic. I have viewed u-tube videos, I have cleared the cache, trashed Facebook Shop and reinstalled.  Now I am just exhausted.  Please help

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 3.50.26 PM.png

romchy
Shopify Partner
143 0 28

Hi, 

I understand you, do not despair, I will help you deal with everything.

Briefly your action plan:
1. You need a Facebook business manager
2. You need to create a Pixel in Facebook business manager
3. Paste the pixel id into the Shopify store
4. Synchronize your Shopify store with your Facebook directory using Shopify Feed Product
5. Launch an advertising company in Facebook

More details:

- Insert pixel ID from the beginning:

https://feed-product.com/help_center/how_create_facebook_pixel.html

- Now upload the goods from shopify to facebook (Instagram):

1. Install the feed product application here
2. Activate the free version
3. Take the link to your feed in the facebook Instagram tab. More detailed instruction https://feed-product.com/help_center/how_configure.html

4. Follow the link to connect catalog https://www.facebook.com/products
5. Click on create directory and connect the link taken from Feed product. Here is a detailed step-by-step instruction: https://feed-product.com/help_center/how_setup_facebook_catalog_feed.html

I gave the above example of how to work with Facebook and Instagram. Here you will find step-by-step instructions on how to synchronize with other effective channels: https://feed-product.com/help_center.html

If you need additional help, write to me)!

Good luck with your advertising campaigns)!

Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to Telegram 
→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product

→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product:
episodeboutique
Tourist
4 0 0

I am having the same exact issue too! Did you ever find a solution? Thanks!

romchy
Shopify Partner
143 0 28

Hi, .

See solution above)!

Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to WhatsApp 
→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product

NyanzaLynn
Tourist
4 0 29

Have been up for over 6 hours now, trying to get my FB to connect with Shopify account.  I worked with the Tech person name Yaac, and I followed instructions that was suggested in the community by Sunny. I am still unsuccessful. What do I do now?  Help me please.  Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 4.38.53 AM.png. Please help me rectify this issue. 

NyanzaLynn
Tourist
4 0 29

Can someone please tell how to do talk to someone on the phone to this issue fixed. I have been working all weekend to have this issue address and I am not even close to having this issue addressed. 

Bad-Thoughts
Tourist
3 0 7

I'm having the same issues and can't find a solution either.  This is costing me too much money and Shopify crappy customer service is making look for other ecom solutions.  

Patred
Visitor
2 0 10

Apparently it's a thing.

I have basically been told to see if it fixes itself.

To try every now and then if it has fixed itself. 

I have spent the last month with both Shopify and FB.

Last email just said they are working to fix it and move on. 

I won't be able to sell on FB or Instagram

I tried by adding another person as Admin to my page then into shopify through a seperate login for them.

Still didn't work.

Tried all browsers, incognito, delete reinstall.

It's completely absurd.

Patred
Visitor
2 0 10

oh yeh and now it doesn't even recognise me as owner of that FB page haha

snippitygirl
4 0 0

Same exact issue here. I cannot sell on Facebook or Insta because it doesn't recognize me as the owner of the page!! Did you find a work around? I'm desperate! Thank you!!

nlfootcare
Tourist
3 0 2
Unfortunately, no.
Flo_DT
Visitor
2 0 6

Hi @NyanzaLynn I am having exactly the same problem as you. I have been trying to connect FB to my Shopify Account and in the end the same error appear it connects to my FB account but all of the sudden it does not recognize the FB page. I have tried over and over again eliminating cookies and cache and from a different browser but no luck. Did you find a solution to your problem ? 

Thank you so much for your help. 

fuqkshpify
Tourist
5 0 6

I've been dealing with this shi for a month. Tried all these fixes. What platform is the best alternative to shopify? i could've made thousands by now.

fuqkshpify
Tourist
5 0 6

Well they were smart and bought oberlo so now we can't use that for aliexpress on any other shop platform. So in other words what is the best alternative to oberlo and shopify?

galarche
Visitor
2 0 4

If you receive a solution to this problem please let me know. I am currently experiencing the same thing and I am the administrator to my like page so I am confused. Thank you

Flo_DT
Visitor
2 0 6

Hi, I chated with Shopify support yesterday. They told me that this was a recent problem and they are aware that a few of their merchants are experiencing exactly what we are going through. Apparently the authorization chain between FB and Shopify is broken. So their suggestion is sort of doing a big reset: eliminate FB sales channel on shopify, disconnect as much as possible mention of Shopify from your FB business manager, clear cookies and cache from browser, wait 36h and try again... So let´s see... 

In the meantime, I have been thinking about this and I am not even sure that it is so useful to add FB sales channel to your store. Basically the whole point of this is supposedly to make the integration easier as shopify can automatically generate a FB catalog and I think you can also set up FB ads from shopify. But you can do all of this from FB business manager. You can create a FB catalog from a data feed where you will actually be the owner and hence can make changes (whereas when shopify generates your FB catalog, shopify becomes the owner of the catalog and it is not possible to make any changes). It is also more convenient to create and track your ads performance from FB business manager. 

I think the only plus is that the shopify catalog is very comprehensive and automatically picks up every products with the right product group ID and variant ID (although you could also do this with the flexify app). However, I am seeing that shopify doesn´t allow for dynamic retargeting campaign on FB anyway. They seem to pass down the retargeting info at the product group ID level instead of variant ID level (which is weird since the possibility to add variants to products is such a basic feature of shopify, you would think they would integrate it to FB retargeting ads)...

Anyway anyone else experiencing this issue of missing IDs on FB catalog for retargeting ads? Or thoughts on usefulness of integrating FB channel to shopify at all?  

Rex_Slagel
Tourist
5 0 5
This is not a recent problem and they are fully aware. I'm guessing hundreds of Shopify customers are affected and personally, I think it is a leverage point to score more revenue for one side or the other. Both say that it is the other's fault - and nothing gets done.

I have disconnected everything three times and waited - same issue.

I agree - set it up yourself and eliminate the hassle.
NyanzaLynn
Tourist
4 0 29
So, I take it Shopify isn’t trying to fix this issue?
Rex_Slagel
Tourist
5 0 5
As far as I can tell this has been happening since early 2018.
fuqkshpify
Tourist
5 0 6

If it has been an issue since early 2018, then it isn't a mistake. It is easy to sit there and collect monthly payments while customers go at it between support lines that are pointing fingers at each other.

My advice, if they have been charging money for a service that won't deliver what you are paying for, then demand a refund for your monthly payments. If it means contacting your CC company or bringing this up with your state's attorney general.

Totally_Good_Ti
Tourist
4 0 4

I've been following this thread for a bit and I'm in the same boat. I first noticed the Facebook disconnect about six months ago. I kind of let it go, but when I would add any new products they wouldn't migrate over to Instagram. So I found this thread (and many more) and followed a lot of the instruction.

Multiple people said "delete Facebook off Shopify," but I would NOT delete your Facebook apps from Shopify. When I deleted the Facebook apps I lost ALL the product tagging on Instagram. Like, years. I also did the "delete integrations" over on the Facebook business page. When the Facebook apps were downloaded again, I only got like ten items (out of many) to migrate over to Instagram and then it's just been a headache ever since. My main issue is I just want the product tags on Instagram, but I can't seem to get that far because parent host, Facebook, won't connect.

fuqkshpify
Tourist
5 0 6

I think we are at the point where we have to raise hell until it hits them where it hurts - the bank. Until they start losing money, they will leave the issue as it is. As of right now they can sit comfortably because of their buyout of Oberlo. Nothing else works as seamlessly. That said, they cannot expect to charge us 30 a month with a major ongoing issue. Lets be real, facebook knows the world and as such they are the best bet at driving traffic to your store. This feature needs to ducking work.