I Can't Connect My Facebook Page To Shopify

1 0 2

Hello everybody,

After installing my pixel facebook on my website, I tried to connect it to my facebook buisness page. The problem is that when I click on the "Connect Account" Button in the Facebook Marketing App settings, I get this error message : " There was a problem with Facebook login. Refresh this page and try again. "

Of course even after refreshing the page, it still doesn't work.

Does anybody have a clue about what I messed up ?

Thanks in advance,

Alexis

2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 29

Hi, Alexis!

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru Team and I would be happy to help troubleshoot your Facebook Sales Channel issue. Let's work together to see if we can resolve this together!

First thing I would like you to do is delete the Facebook Sales Channel completely. You can do that by going to Settings > Sales Channel and clicking on the trash can icon beside Facebook.

Once it is deleted, wait about 30 seconds, refresh your page and then re-add the Facebook Sales Channel by clicking on the purple "Add sales channel" button. Once Facebook has been re-added, connect your Facebook business page and see if that works. Let me know if it gives you any trouble this time around. I'm still happy to keep working towards a solution to ensure you're able to successfully use the sales channel to it's fullest!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 3

Hi Sunny!

I've been trying to connect my Facebook page, too, but when I try to click the "ACCEPT" on FB Terms it just blinks and goes right back to the terms. Round and round in circles. HELP!

THANKS!

Wendy Walker

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 29

Hi, Wendy!

Sunny here and I would be happy to help you troubleshoot your Facebook issue.

It sounds like when you're trying to connect the Facebook page, it's looping you through the same process back and forth. There are a few things I would like you to try but first, can you clear your browsers cache for the web browser you’re using? Alternatively, you can try connecting your Facebook Sales Channel using a different browser all together (i.e. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc). Trying on a different browser can help us narrow down the source of the problem. If it does happen to work using another browser, then it may just be a cache issue. Once cleared, you should be good to go, but if not, we’ll keep troubleshooting.

Let me know how that goes and if you can share any screenshots or examples that would be great. I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 3

Sunny! I went on over to Chrome and that seemed to do the trick! THANK YOU  for the suggestions! Now I just gotta get more of my product uploaded. Thanks again!

WW

@Sunny wrote:

Hi, Wendy!

Sunny here and I would be happy to help you troubleshoot your Facebook issue.

It sounds like when you're trying to connect the Facebook page, it's looping you through the same process back and forth. There are a few things I would like you to try but first, can you clear your browsers cache for the web browser you’re using? Alternatively, you can try connecting your Facebook Sales Channel using a different browser all together (i.e. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc). Trying on a different browser can help us narrow down the source of the problem. If it does happen to work using another browser, then it may just be a cache issue. Once cleared, you should be good to go, but if not, we’ll keep troubleshooting.

Let me know how that goes and if you can share any screenshots or examples that would be great. I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

2 Likes
1 0 0

I have this same issue. It sends me in a loop. I tried all these suggestions and nothing is working.

0 Likes
1 0 0
I have the same problem, I tried all the suggestions. Nothing seems to work, it is asking me to install FacebookCommerce app. And It is going into a loop!
0 Likes
1 0 1
Hi my name is Peter,
I try to connect my shopify store to my Facebook page but it just doesn't stay connected.
It connects then after 5 seconds it's asking me to reconnect. It uploaded one of my collections but all the other 6 I cannot.
Can you help me with this problem please, I have tried everything from deleting the page and setting up another one to even opening a new Facebook account, nothing seems to work😓looking forward to some assistance thank you Peter
1 Like
1 0 0

Hello, guys! I had the same troubles, trying to connect via Shopify website. I couldn't manage it, because I couldn't complete the final stage: I put "agree" with terms and conditions of FB, but the page reloaded again and again. So I disconnected my account and did it again via iPad (Shopify app). And I managed  it in several seconds!  
Try it, maybe it will work also... 

Best, Olga 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 8

Have been up for over 6 hours now, trying to get my FB to connect with Shopify account.  I worked with the Tech person name Yaac, and I followed instructions that was suggested in the community by Sunny. I am still unsuccessful. What do I do now?  Help me please.  Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 4.38.53 AM.png. Please help me rectify this issue. 

6 Likes