I Can't Connect My Facebook Page To Shopify

Alexis_Duranti
Visitor
1 0 6

Hello everybody,

After installing my pixel facebook on my website, I tried to connect it to my facebook buisness page. The problem is that when I click on the "Connect Account" Button in the Facebook Marketing App settings, I get this error message : " There was a problem with Facebook login. Refresh this page and try again. "

Of course even after refreshing the page, it still doesn't work.

Does anybody have a clue about what I messed up ?

Thanks in advance,

Alexis

Replies 223 (223)
ExoticBear
Excursionist
20 0 6

Hi I have had the same recurring problem for 4 months now. I have paid FB and Shopify good $$ w 3 stores and apps. 

MY BENEFITS OF PAYING FOR 3 STORES AND THEIR APPS

NO FACEBOOK SHOPS

NO INSTAGRAM

NO FACEBOOK MARKETING

BUSINESS MANAGER ADMIN SETTINGS ARE VERY CONFUSING

SHOPIFY EXPERTS WANT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO FIX THIS !!!!!!!!

NO EXPERTISE FROM SHOPIFY TO TRULY CORRECT THEIR LACK OF INTEGRATION W FACEBOOK

ANY EXPERTS OUT THERE WHO CAN TRULY HELP PLEASE REPLY

Omar_Elshahid
Visitor
1 0 6

Hello .. I followed the steps of adding Facebook to my  store and it all goes well but it always shows me that there is no pages integrate with the store despite of having and owning a page on the account i previously integrated with Shopify.

Capture.PNG

PIXIEDUST
Visitor
2 0 9

@Omar_Elshahid wrote:

Hello .. I followed the steps of adding Facebook to my  store and it all goes well but it always shows me that there is no pages integrate with the store despite of having and owning a page on the account i previously integrated with Shopify.

Capture.PNG

This is exactly what I am seeing! My list of pages pops up with checkboxes, I check the boxes, continue, and then get here. SO frustrating!

I'm also trying to set up for Instagram, and have spent hours trying and searching and trying some more, and finally came across this discussion.

Can we start a petition for Shopify/Facebook to provide wigs for those of us who have torn our hair out over this issue?!

OurBabiesRock
Tourist
3 0 9

Good point, i'm going to use this error and shopify as an excuse for my baldness, way to go shopify for making me bald! fix this issue please!

@PIXIEDUST wrote:

@Omar_Elshahid wrote:

Capture.PNG

This is exactly what I am seeing! My list of pages pops up with checkboxes, I check the boxes, continue, and then get here. SO frustrating!

I'm also trying to set up for Instagram, and have spent hours trying and searching and trying some more, and finally came across this discussion.

Can we start a petition for Shopify/Facebook to provide wigs for those of us who have torn our hair out over this issue?!

PIXIEDUST
Visitor
2 0 9

For me, it turned out that the issue was that in business manager roles & permissions on Facebook I had "custom" access rather than "Admin" access.  (Dumb, because custom actually had higher/more access?!)

It looks like they've changed the setup/layout in the last few days though, because I can't find the place to change it to custom anymore... all I'm seeing now on FB is "Admin" or "Employee"?

AzaleaJewelry
Visitor
1 0 2
I experienced the same things from not seeing my page in the list of options to seeing my Facebook permissions set to Custom instead of Admin. I fixed the Shopify/Facebook Shop app problem by removing my name on the Facebook Business Settings page - under Accounts > Pages > People then hovering over my name and clicking the trash can. Afterwards, I added myself back and connected on Shopify immediately. Hope this helps someone.
Midasguise
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank You so much! We have been in the same position as thousands of these stores and was really at the end of our rope, but after reading, researching, and trying many different fixes, this advice actually worked!!! Azalea Jewelry really helped with this one, I can't thank you enough.

tjohnson329
Visitor
1 0 0

i just had the same problem and this fixed it....I was messing with it for hours until I read this FIX...... THANKS

nuancang
Visitor
1 0 2

[Look here] It really works for me! Thanks.

I had the same issue with the people posted in the thread, and show the same pic which tell me it is not connected.

Then I check my facebook account role in page setting, it showed 'custom'. After I deleted it and added it back as pure 'admin', it works!!!

So, please check your page role, make sure it is shown as 'admin', even you have admin access.

Juanmi91
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you Pixel Dust! This was the problem I was facing. You must have Admin Privileges ONLY. No other custom privileges or it will cause this.

jmhogan
Visitor
1 0 0

Fantastic. Thank you.

Jsif0321
Tourist
5 0 2

I had someone from Shopify walk me through.  They sent fantastic instructions.  The problem is where you add yourself as an admin in Facebook.  If anyone is interested or still has a problem with connecting Shopify and Facebook, I can screenshot the EXCELLENT instructions I received that ACTUALLY WORKED!  Happy to do it if any needs help with it.  Maria Christina Mendoza of Shopify support was an absolute life saver!! -Jessica

imajen
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Yes pls send thnks

Jsif0321
Tourist
5 0 2

I can't Re_ Facebook Shop will not connect._Page_1.jpgRe_ Facebook Shop will not connect._Page_2.jpgRe_ Facebook Shop will not connect._Page_3.jpgRe_ Facebook Shop will not connect._Page_4.jpg

lamsguess
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, can you please send me the instructions !

Sambuno
Excursionist
20 0 13

This will solve the issue: https://youtu.be/k2CuBnvUzXU

I provide marketing consulting and ecommerce development services. Additionally I can perform store migrations from Magento to Shopify, Wordpress to Shopify, numerous other migrations. You can connect with me here: on Sambuno (my website)

→ No Facebook Page connected - Troubleshooting Connection Fix (Its a Facebook configuration Issue)
Jsif0321
Tourist
5 0 2

Re_ Facebook Shop will not connect._Page_1.jpgRe_ Facebook Shop will not connect._Page_2.jpgRe_ Facebook Shop will not connect._Page_3.jpgRe_ Facebook Shop will not connect._Page_4.jpg

Designercovers
Visitor
3 0 0

pls send me screen shots, I thought it was something to do with the admin, but I can't work out where to change it or what exactly it wants.... tia

POWHerFUL2018
Visitor
2 0 0

I'd be thrilled to get those instructions!  It's been a month and I keep getting the same error message!!

"Your Facebook account doesn’t have admin access to the page you chose. Make sure you’re an admin and try again."

Please send and thank YOU!

manieredefaire
Tourist
7 0 2

OMG!!! Thank you a 1000000 times for this!!! I did follow everything you said and finally connected after a month of trying hard. Bless you Jsif0321

enchantresslux
Tourist
4 0 2
You are so welcome!!!
JessyWayneWhale
Tourist
8 0 6

I have exactly the same issue with my page, although it was perfectly connected, the tagging functionality running for 3 months now. Since 2 days, nothing is working. FB page loses connection to Shopify every 1-2 hours. And since yesterday, when I try to reconnect, it tells me that I am not the owner of my FB page. I' ve sent a message to the Shopify support yesterday, with all screenshots proving that I am the FB page owner and that the FB Shopify app, FB business manager business integrations and Instagram do work properly and show me as Owner. Only the Shopify connection does not. This is so frustrating and I am losing sales, as I had several FB campaigns running until this happened... 

ExoticBear
Excursionist
20 0 6

Hi AND WELCOME TO THE CLUB !

since Aug 5 I started w shopify and have experienced FB Shopify integration problems since day 1

There are a lot of dissatisfied owners here ! 

Sambuno
Excursionist
20 0 13
This will help: https://youtu.be/k2CuBnvUzXU

I found out what is causing the issue and created a screencast, please
share with other people
I provide marketing consulting and ecommerce development services. Additionally I can perform store migrations from Magento to Shopify, Wordpress to Shopify, numerous other migrations. You can connect with me here: on Sambuno (my website)

→ No Facebook Page connected - Troubleshooting Connection Fix (Its a Facebook configuration Issue)
Timiteo
Visitor
1 0 1

Hallelujah! It works like a charm. Thank you, kind sir.

mountainhollow
Excursionist
13 0 5
I’m glad it worked for you!
ebonyynobe
Visitor
1 0 1

You are amazing!  This worked for me immediately.  Thank you so much for sharing.

Bagturtle
Visitor
1 0 1

DUDE..... that fix with the username set to admin is the shizzle... good call. worked like a charm.

mountainhollow
Excursionist
13 0 5
I’m glad it worked!
TheAntidote
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

THIS WORKED!!!!

AllanaTigwell
Visitor
2 0 2

@Sambuno wrote:
This will help: https://youtu.be/k2CuBnvUzXU

I found out what is causing the issue and created a screencast, please
share with other people

Thank you so much! This has been driving me insane for months!! Amazing

DinDin
Tourist
3 0 1

This works for me!!! Thanks so much!

Lukino_1980
Visitor
1 0 1

It worked!!!!!!!!!

Polsan
Shopify Partner
24 1 3

Sambuno thanks a lot you are a life saver. I have spent whole day trying to connect my page and finally found your solution! Guys do this as described by Sambuno https://youtu.be/k2CuBnvUzXU

Claudschi
Visitor
2 0 0

I would please need more help. In Shopify when I select my facebook page and then click to connect to the page then there is the new window to accept the terms. But if I click on the accept terms button a new window opens and says you are not logged. Please log in.  And there is a log in button, but when I click on it, the page turns white and nothing happens. There is nothing I can click or do anymore. Anyone with the same problem? Or even better, anyone with an idea?

Polsan
Shopify Partner
24 1 3

Claudschi I have similar problem, when I clik to accept terms nothing happens. So I copy the thext from address bar and paste it to another browser which is microsoft edge and it works. There is problem with google chrome

Claudschi
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you so much Polsan for your tip. It worked well! YEAH.

ExoticBear
Excursionist
20 0 6

HERE IS THE TRUTH

SHOPIFY HAS KNOWN THIS INTEGRATION DOES NOT WORK BUT WILL FEED YOU USELESS GURU RHETORIC AND KEEP BILLING YOU

FOR NO FACEBOOK SHOP

FOR NO INSTAGRAM

FOR NO FACEBOOK MARKETING

FOR NO KIT

!!!!

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES ON OTHER ECOMMERCE PLATFORMS

Sambuno
Excursionist
20 0 13

Search of it on Youtube!

ExoticBear
Excursionist
20 0 6

Hi sorry to lol but I have the same problems. Its now almost Dec 2019

3 STORES--NO SHOPIFY FACEBOOK INTEGRATION

NO INSTAGRAM INTEGRATION

NO SUPPORT...JUST RHETORIC

NO FACEBOOK MARKETING

NO KIT

NO INSTAGRAM SHOPPING GALLERY

I AM SEARCHING FOR ANOTHER PLATFORM THAT TRULY SUPPORTS SOCIAL MEDIA AND WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED FOR THE BEST ONE

Harold1
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having this exact same problem! I have deleted the facebook integration and re-downloaded it and still nothing. Does anyone have any advice? I've tried different browsers different devices and still its the same thing!

king530
Visitor
1 0 1

That doesnt work either. How am I suppose to tag products on Ig, if I cant even keep facebook connected to shopify no longer then 5 seconds. Please fix as this shoudnt be a problem because this slows down business and we all are paying monthly fees not to experience this. Ive been trying to connect since 8/15/19

Nadia2020
Tourist
4 0 1

hi,

I am having a issue with connecting as well. after I click 'accept terms' a little facebook window comes up saying 'not logged in' 'please continue to to login' I press yes but doesnt do anything.

thanks

nadia

bagadbilla
Tourist
8 0 1
Go to facebook page. Switch urself to admin from custom. Problem will be surely solved.

Yes u can get me a case of beer

Cheers
Raj
mountainhollow
Excursionist
13 0 5
Hello! I’m having the same issue. I followed the above steps and Still no page connected.
Nadia2020
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi all,

I have been having trouble all the time, so I downloaded the app and tried from there and yes! It worked

So do it via app
Picchu
Tourist
7 0 0

I did your suggest and I still can't get Shopify to connect with Facebook Shop. Any other suggestions??

mountainhollow
Excursionist
13 0 5
Setting yourself to admin instead of page owner in Facebook Manager was the only thing that worked for me
KikiWalker
Visitor
1 0 0

I use to have the Facebook app installed on my Shopify store but accidentally deleted it. I tried to connect it again but kept getting the same error message " account not connected". I've tried so many things and nothing worked. Here are a list of things i've tried:

1. Clear browser cache. That never worked

2. Delete app from shopify and readding. Still never worked.

3. Use a different browser and even a different computer. That never worked.

4. Check my admin status in facebook business manager account. I am admin everywhere but that doesn't help either. Still not connected. 

I am so frustrated now. Nothing seems to be working and I don't know what else to do, 

HELP!!

Mdonnett
Visitor
1 0 1
I’m having same issues. Tried chrome, safari, Firefox.
Won’t let me accept the commerce merchant agreement and link. Any help would be appreciated . Dead in water without being able link:(