I Can't Connect My Facebook Page To Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

When I click on my facebook channel to start connection/integration to facebook. However, when I click it, it does not work. It instead takes me to apps page. I've tried deleting sales channel and re-adding it but it still does not let me connect/link my facebook to shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I had the same problem but my friend didn't.  I was using Windows 10 desktop and she was using Apple iOS.   I tried on my iPad and was able to connect.  I was using Chrome on my iPad.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
Thank you. Yes I was using google chrome on my MacBook and apparently I had
to use safari to get it to go through.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

SAME! Thanks!

I knew it's something related to that, but didn't know how to fix it. That helped me!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Flo,

i am desperately trying to contact shopify support without success, their online chat has disappeared. I am experiencing the same issue and have been trying to fix it for days but can’t do. The Facebook disconnects minutes after reconnecting it.

could you please tell me how did you contact Shopify? 

thanks in advance - Fleur

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
Hello,
I opened the page up in a different browser. Originally I was trying to
connect through google chrome and then I opened the page in safari (I have
a MacBook) and it worked just fine. Apparently it has something to do with
the cookies in the browser.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

OMG!!! Thank you a 1000000 times for this!!! I did follow everything you said and finally connected after a month of trying hard. Bless you Jsif0321

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
You are so welcome!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

I spent a few hours figuring this one out.

Solution: Go to your Facebook page, click Settings, then Page Roles on the left hand menu, scroll down and make sure you are an Admin.

If your Role is set to custom, then it won't work. I had to go to Facebook Business (which is not your standard Facebook page):

Go to Users > People
Click on your name, then Click Pages so it is expanded and turn off Manage Jobs, and/or View Earnings which will change the Role to Admin.

I hope this helps

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Shopify just walked me through this exact solution, this works! Very strange bug on the Facebook side that removes your admin status if these permissions are granted. Thank you for posting!

0 Likes