I Can't Connect My Facebook Page To Shopify

Tourist
5 0 2

Connected at 9:13 - disconnected at 9:18 - followed your instructions. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I tried the instructions also Still does not connect. This is frustrating. 

@Rex_Slagel wrote:

Connected at 9:13 - disconnected at 9:18 - followed your instructions. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Dear Sunny,

I can't connect to my Facebook because I see only 8 of my Facebook pages, but the one that I want to connect to Shopify doesn't show up in the list... Do you know how I can make my page to show up?

It happened already on one of my other pages, I had to check my page somewhere on Facebook so Shopify can select it but I really don't remember where it was.

Seems like a recurrent issue.

Thank you

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

I have spent the past three days on the phone and on chat with Facebook, Shopify, and a paid consultant to help us fix this issue.  It comes down to that Shopify is aware of this issue and does not have a fix for it yet.  So why are we paying for this service when we can't take advantage of what we paid for.  We have an aggressive social media campaign that we can't execute because of this.  We have seasonal apparel now that we will have to hold onto for 8 months and will impact revenue. 

Our company has one core value and that is "Give A **bleep**"  Maybe Shopify should own up to this issue and inform us when it plans to fix it.  I would have appreciated it, so I would have not spent money on a consultant and my time trying to fix something that can't be fixed at this time.  

1 Like
2 0 3

Hi @NyanzaLynn I am having exactly the same problem as you. I have been trying to connect FB to my Shopify Account and in the end the same error appear it connects to my FB account but all of the sudden it does not recognize the FB page. I have tried over and over again eliminating cookies and cache and from a different browser but no luck. Did you find a solution to your problem ? 

Thank you so much for your help. 

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 4

I've been dealing with this shi for a month. Tried all these fixes. What platform is the best alternative to shopify? i could've made thousands by now.

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 4

Well they were smart and bought oberlo so now we can't use that for aliexpress on any other shop platform. So in other words what is the best alternative to oberlo and shopify?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I can't connect my facebook page with my site.

I have several facebook pages but every time I want to connect the right page with this site, the page never appears.

I contacted facebook support and they say it's not their fault.

I found this group and apply the tips you give for others, like clear the cache but with me it doesn't work.

Thanks 

0 Likes
2 0 1

If you receive a solution to this problem please let me know. I am currently experiencing the same thing and I am the administrator to my like page so I am confused. Thank you

0 Likes
2 0 3

Hi, I chated with Shopify support yesterday. They told me that this was a recent problem and they are aware that a few of their merchants are experiencing exactly what we are going through. Apparently the authorization chain between FB and Shopify is broken. So their suggestion is sort of doing a big reset: eliminate FB sales channel on shopify, disconnect as much as possible mention of Shopify from your FB business manager, clear cookies and cache from browser, wait 36h and try again... So let´s see... 

In the meantime, I have been thinking about this and I am not even sure that it is so useful to add FB sales channel to your store. Basically the whole point of this is supposedly to make the integration easier as shopify can automatically generate a FB catalog and I think you can also set up FB ads from shopify. But you can do all of this from FB business manager. You can create a FB catalog from a data feed where you will actually be the owner and hence can make changes (whereas when shopify generates your FB catalog, shopify becomes the owner of the catalog and it is not possible to make any changes). It is also more convenient to create and track your ads performance from FB business manager. 

I think the only plus is that the shopify catalog is very comprehensive and automatically picks up every products with the right product group ID and variant ID (although you could also do this with the flexify app). However, I am seeing that shopify doesn´t allow for dynamic retargeting campaign on FB anyway. They seem to pass down the retargeting info at the product group ID level instead of variant ID level (which is weird since the possibility to add variants to products is such a basic feature of shopify, you would think they would integrate it to FB retargeting ads)...

Anyway anyone else experiencing this issue of missing IDs on FB catalog for retargeting ads? Or thoughts on usefulness of integrating FB channel to shopify at all?  

2 Likes