I Change the URL of a product from Shopify Store, Do I Need to update that URL in Search Console?

Solved
2 0 1

I'm new to Shopify and just change the URL of a product in my Shopify Store.

Do I need to update that URL in the Search Console too? Like we use to update the URL in the Search Console for a website page.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 40 94

Hi, @Shayan_Aslam !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and welcome to our Community!

Great work on submitting your sitemap so far - this essentially lets search engines know how you have organized your site's content. They will then crawl and index your site so that it appears in search engine results.

Once you have initially submitted this, your sitemap is automatically updated when you add new products, collections, images, or blog posts to your online store.   If you have changed one/ some URLs however I would suggest to request a URL crawl. There is some information on ways to do so within the Search Console Help Center here (though you may have this already).

In the case of large or significant changes to your site e.g. major changes to existing content, changes to a large number of URLs, redirects etc, I would then suggest to resubmit your sitemap.

While this information may indeed be crawled over time, a URL/ site recrawl gives search engines a nudge to do so that bit faster, ensuring that information about your site is kept up to date.

We have some more information on SEO here from within our blog if you would like to have a look in your own time. 

I hope this helps - though do feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 1

Okay, I Understand. I just need to submit the sitemap again.  Thank You 

1 Like