I NEED HELP ASAP (Taxing on products not showing up!)

GiftedEyeDesign
Visitor
1 0 0

I have followed all the steps to add taxes (even filling my tax registration ID). But tax is not showing up anywhere in cart or checkout! 

Here's my website address: southern-house-shop.myshopify.com 

And it is  currently set to private, but I will be glad to set it to public again so you can see what I mean. 

There is NO WAY to contact anyone ( I have tried thousands of times) so i want answers and I have a deadline to fulfill! I mean, where's the live chat support even! 

INSANE! 

Replies 6 (6)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

Hey, @GiftedEyeDesign

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your taxes to appear at checkout. Taxes can be tricky at the best of times so I'm hopeful I can help get this resolved if it's not already! In order to charge taxes, there are a few sections you'll need to check: 

1. Are all your products setup to be taxed? You can find this out by going to Settings/Taxes. You'll see a yellow banner says "You are not charging taxes on some product variants" - If this appears, you'll want to ensure that your products are taxable before continuing. 
  2. Is "Show all prices with tax included" enabled in Settings/Taxes? If yes, then taxes will not charge as you've told the system taxes are already included in the price. Disabling this feature should resolve the issue. 
  3. Are you testing the checkout with an address from the state you're registered for? Our system will only charge taxes for the state you're registered for and have set up within the admin. Any addresses outside of your state will not charge tax. If you're unsure whether you need to charge tax for other states then it would be best to reach out to US state tax authorities or a local tax professional.

If you have checked all three areas and you're still having trouble then let me know as I can verify the store to have a deeper look. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Purekalon
Excursionist
40 0 8

This helped me a lot !!

I was trying to figure out why taxes are not showing up on checkout. 

When you said about when customers are not in within our business state it will not charge taxes BUT if a customer is within our business state they will charge taxes. 

I had to see it myself and it was like you just said. Makes everything sense to me now. So thank you ! This post helped me understand better !!

Teri23
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Trevor,

I'm having the same issue and checked everything. The customer is a local pick up in the same city of me, but taxes were not charged on her order. She ordered the Savor Blend Duo at www.lovelydays.shop. Everything is set up properly. Can you assist?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@Teri23 

Best to contact 
Shopify Support directly for store specific issues as I can't access your store. They can look into the order in question to see why the taxes weren't charged. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify

nutstoyou
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Trevor.  Having trouble as well here at nutstoyou.com.   I have activated Shopify tax.  However, tax is being charged on all products even if the product should be exempt from my state.  I tried contacting support, but they were no help.  Any advice here.  From what I read Shopify tax should know the tax rules for each customer location along with the product catagories which should and should not be taxed.  Am I not correct there?  Thank you.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there @nutstoyou. Thanks for following up on this thread, and following up with @Trevor! If the previous advice listed in this thread wasn't able to help you resolve things, then it would be best that you reach out to our Authenticated Support Team directly with any questions you have around your tax setup. As we're unable to authenticate you or access your account in the Community, and our usual troubleshooting steps above didn't seem to help you resolve the issue, it would be best to connect with the Team using the link above, as they're able to access your account in real-time and view your tax setup directly.

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify