I am from India and I have a Debit card that work on Aliexpress and Ebay But When i tried to buy Monthly plan from shopify it does not work? It says Invalid Password? I want to start a store but i can't buy monthly shopify plan. Anyone Help??

Highlighted
Tourist
2 0 3

I am from India and I have a Debit card that work on Aliexpress and Ebay But When i tried to buy Monthly plan from shopify it does not work? It says Invalid Password? I want to start a store but i can't buy monthly shopify plan. Anyone Help?? My Debit Card is Visa 

I really need this store:-(

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 97

Hey, Jadu!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify - just moved your post to Shopify Discussion here, as it's more appropriate for this question.

Currently we're only able to accept payment via credit card - other forums of payment aren't supported at the moment, I'm sorry to say; you'll need one in order to pay for your Shopify subscription.  If you need to arrange for one and need extra time on your trial period, please do reach out to us so that we can extend that for you!

Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat if there's anything else that we can help with, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
2 0 3

What? Take a Look at this screenshot? This Statement is from you guys

"If you're in India, then you can pay for your Shopify account with a debit card or credit card. You can set up monthly billing on a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express card. RuPay cards aren't supported.

The monthly charges will be in USD, so you'll need to call your bank and ask them to enable international transactions on your card. After your bank has enabled international transactions, you can add your debit or credit card in the Shopify admin."

I have enable international transection on my debit card but Not working THIS THE THIRD TIME I HAVE ASKED SIMILAR QUESTIONS AND  THE ANSWRS FROM YOU GUYS ARE NOT SAME..

SOME SAYS DEBIT CARD WORK SOME SAYS DON'T

THANKS FOR ANSWERING

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 97

Hey, Jadu!  

After looking into this, you're quite right, and I apologize for the error - we are running a pilot program to accept debit cards for Indian merchants right now.  Here are some troubleshooting steps if you're encountering trouble processing a payment via that debit card:

• Ensure that you have international transactions enabled.

• If you're still seeing errors at this point, your best next step is to reach out to the bank that's provided you with that card; they can confirm if there are any additional steps that need to be taken through them.

• If the error still perists after having done so, a standard credit card is your best option - and we'd be happy to extend your trial to give you time to arrange that.

You'd mentioned a password error in your original message, and I just wanted to make sure that this isn't an error related to accessing your store rather than with your payment method.  Is it possible to share a screenshot of the error that you're seeing?  That will help me dig into this more!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey man, did you get it to work? Mine is a SBI card and failing each time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Jadu,

Did it worked for you(Debit card) or not? Please let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Did you find the solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

same for mine also..My SBI global debit mastercard is failing each time...

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
It is accepting the card but the payment fails everytime. Tried sbi and bob
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hey brother, i am paresh makwana from india. i have the same problem as you. i tried almost everything and did my 100% to overcome this problem but i failed! hope shopify understand this problem special in india... i request to shopify to fix this. and please someone replay to my this talk. please. : )     . its Aug 2020 and i want to know that is that posible to buy subscription by using Visa debit card which is an international debit card.?    if YES then please someone guide me. thank you shopify. 

0 Likes