Solved

I am part of the Staff but i also have a Shopify Partner account with the same e-mail: can i switch?

Alandsandro
Tourist
11 0 2

Just to be sure. Can i be removed from the staff ( are there any problems to be re-added in the future?) and get the shop management as a Partner/Developer to continue work on the Shop design after the owner trial period end? Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)
Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Alandsandro.

Thank you for the following up!

You can only continue to work on the shop if the account owner has opted for a plan, otherwise the store becomes inactive after the trial ends. Once a store is inactive or frozen after 3 failed renewal charge attempts, then you won't be able to continue working on the shop until the store owner reactivates the store. The same conditions apply for third-party apps - if the store is inactive or frozen, then the apps would not function as well. If you'd like to learn about the processes for our Partners, more information can be found on the Shopify Partners FAQ.

Let me know if this helps clarify your questions!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Alandsandro.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

You can always be re-added as a staff in the future. However, to become a collaborator, you will need to send a request to access a client's store. By being a collaborator, your account doesn't count towards the store's staff limit. Once the request has been approved by the store owner, you can access your managed shops by logging in through the Partner Dashboard or the Shopify app. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Alandsandro
Tourist
11 0 2

Many thanks @Elias ,

so, as a Collaborator, can I continue work on this Shop after the trial ended? Or my customer has to pay a plan to make me do the job? 

I was also wondering if i can continue use a third party app installed in the shop.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Alandsandro.

Thank you for the following up!

You can only continue to work on the shop if the account owner has opted for a plan, otherwise the store becomes inactive after the trial ends. Once a store is inactive or frozen after 3 failed renewal charge attempts, then you won't be able to continue working on the shop until the store owner reactivates the store. The same conditions apply for third-party apps - if the store is inactive or frozen, then the apps would not function as well. If you'd like to learn about the processes for our Partners, more information can be found on the Shopify Partners FAQ.

Let me know if this helps clarify your questions!

Alandsandro
Tourist
11 0 2

Many thanks for the help! 

RossWeRise
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Elias,

I am looking to switch from being Staff to having Partner access instead. 

If I simply remove myself as Staff can I then request access through my Partnership account (same email). I am concerned about this statement next to the remove button (Removed staff members will be permanently removed from your store. This action cannot be reversed.)

Many thanks

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @RossWeRise.

Thank you for joining the thread!

The warning message, 'Removed staff members will be permanently removed from your store. This action cannot be reversed.', is simply a warning that deleting the staff account is a non-reversible action and the staff account can't be restored or reactivated. Nevertheless, you can always add the staff again by creating a new staff account. 

That being said, I understand you're looking to be a partner or collaborator for your store. However, it's important to note that you can't earn revenue share on your own store, as this can be grounds for dismissal from the Partner program. If you'd like more information on this, I'd recommend taking a look at our Partners FAQ.

Just to confirm, are you looking to become a Partner for your own store or for a client's store?