I bought a domain but gets error that says "A store with that domain name already exists"

Solved
1 0 0

m.png hello i have the same problem i bought a doamin yesterday through shopifys own domainstore and after i bought it it said someone else already had it even though i paid for it and its my domain. ive tried alot of things but i cant fix it, please help me, thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 50

Hi, @Leoekstrom !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

It's possible that the previous owner of the domain still has it connected to their store. Since you are the new owner of the domain, we can remove it from their account so you may connect it to your own.

In order to do so, I will need to take a look at your account specifically. Can you let me know what is the domain in question so I may take a look? Also, please let me know your .myshopify.com URL.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. Purchased a domain via Godaddy and when I try to connect existing 

There is 1 error A store with that domain name already exists

I manually went to GoDaddy and input the A & CNAME info stated in your video, came back to shopify to try to verify and still receive the same error message.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Rose,

I'm having the same issue. I own yankstees.com but when I try to register it it says a store with that domain name already exists. Can you help?

Thanks much

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Rose, I am having the same issue please help.

My shop url: https://bombshell-s-boutique-bags.myshopify.com/

My domain that I want to use: bombshell.boutique

My DNS Screenshot from godaddy:

Capture.PNG

Thank you in advance  

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hi,
I also have the same problem,  I have two doamins that I own and when trying to connect them it says error
"A store with that name already exists"
Please help
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi @Rose  I'm not able to connect my google domain to my store, I think it is frozen on the DB or something
My store is amazingiftshop.myshopify.com and my domain is amazingiftshop.com
here is my proof 

CharlieW_0-1606554035086.png

thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi @Rose  I am new to shopify and experiencing the same problem.

My domain is with GoDaddy, see screenshot of DNS.

The issue I have is the I think I may have connected my domain to a previous shopify trial that has now lapsed. Old trial was called 'happyfutures' and so in my second trial (which now I have converted to a proper account to 'happy-futures-nz'.

Are you able to 1) help me redirect my domain to 'happy-futures-nz' shopify account?

Thanks

Annie

happyfutures_0-1609837779833.png

0 Likes