I bought a domain in goddady and linked in to shopify, and now it redirects me to godaddy

Highlighted
2 0 0

I bought a domain in godaddy, linked it in shopify under domains, and now all the websites URLS redirect me to godaddy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1422 140 395

Hey there, @StellarAura 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this. This can sometimes happen when connecting a third party domain to Shopify. Did you add the CNAME and A Record to the DNS settings of your domain as per this guide? If so, this should resolve itself very quickly - it can sometimes take 24-48 hours for the third party to update the DNS settings to reflect the changes you have made. I would also recommend checking the domain from incognito mode to make sure it is not just your browser that is showing it incorrectly - if everything is fine when you check incognito mode you can simply clear the cache

If you are still experiencing this issue after 24-48 hours of connecting your domain, please do let me know and share the domain name here so I can take a look. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am having the same issue. I bought a domain and created a website with GoDaddy and then transferred my domain to Shopify. I unpublished that website and deleted the plan that I had with GoDaddy. Created a new store and Shopify That sometimes direct me to my new shop a phi store and sometimes it direct me to that old Go Daddy website that I deleted. I logged into my GoDaddy and it is nowhere to be found. It’s been more than 48 hours

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1422 140 395

Hey there, @FabianT 

When it comes to redirection issues such as this it is often the cache that is at fault, Please clear your cache and let me know if this issue persists. If this issue continues please do provide me with a link to your store so that I can replicate the issue. 

Thank you,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

The website is fabianthetrainer.com

It’s also happening to one of my clients. I can clear my cache on my laptop, but how would he do that on his phone?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1422 140 395

Thank you for that. This all looks to be fine for me, there is no redirecting to GoDaddy. Your client can clear the cache on whatever browser he is using on his phone as per this guide

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes