I can switch to Shopify Lite

LimitlessLevelz
1 0 0

Hi everyone! My free trial just ended and I am highly interested in choosing the Shopify Lite plan. I am very confused and don't know how to select the Lite plan. I attempted to reach out to customer support, but it didn't allow me to since I haven't signed up for a plan. Please help a new business owner out! I wish everyone a succesful business!

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 16 19

Hey @LimitlessLevelz!

This is Finley from the Social team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

The Lite plan is a good option for those who don't need a website with Shopify. If you have a blog or website external to Shopify, you can embed buy buttons, or if you'd like to sell products in-person you can use the Shopify POS app.

Can you confirm if you still have access to your Shopify account, or has the store already gone into frozen?

If you still have remaining trial days, you can select the Lite plan by removing the Online Store sales channel from your Shopify admin > Settings > Sales channels like so:

21-02-fb7k6-al35p.

Once the Online Store is removed, you can click the "Select a plan" button at the bottom of your screen, or head to your Settings > Plan and permissions > Compare plans and select the Lite plan:

21-02-dp3f5-tohqg.

If your store has already gone into frozen, then you'll need to select one of the three plans (Basic Shopify, Shopify, or Advanced Shopify) to access your account.

From there, you can follow the steps above to remove the Online Store sales channel and navigate back to the Compare plans area to select the Lite plan.

Because you'd be charged for the plan you select, once you downgrade to the Lite plan, the prorated amount will be applied as a credit to your Shopify account.

If you have any further questions about this, please let me know.

On another note, have you looked into some of the educational resources we provide? My favorite is Shopify Compass, which has free video courses on different subjects like goal setting for your business, building your brand, marketing strategies, and more. I highly recommend making use of this great resource while getting your business off the ground.

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes