Why can't I delete my Shopify store for domain use elsewhere?

veachyswimear
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

Sadly I don't need shopify store anymore and I'd like to delete it in order to use the domain elsewhere.

Yet, I'm not able to delete my shop via the delete link. Once I click 'delete online shop' the browser redirects me to the exact same URL.

I already cleared cookies and tried in different devices with no luck.

veachyswimear_0-1596056028418.png

Regards,

Replies 4 (4)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @veachyswimear!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're planning on leaving Shopify, but I absolutely appreciate that you need to do what's best for yourself and for your business. I see you mentioned wanting to use your domain elsewhere. Are you referring to a custom domain? If so, could you please let me know if this domain was purchased from a third-party provider and connected to Shopify, or if it was purchased directly through Shopify? Depending on that, there may be some steps we'll want to take before closing your account. 

In regards to the screenshot you sent over, the button to "remove your online store" will not actually close your account, but rather is intended to remove the online store sales channel so that you can use the Shopify Lite plan. If you wish to cancel your account in its entirety, we have some step by step instructions here on how to do so. 

I look forward to hearing back in regards to your domain so that we can determine our next best steps! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

veachyswimear
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks for the quick response,

I trying to follow the steps you shared in the link you shared before https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/pause-close-store?utm_campaign=guru+ask&utm_medium=f....

But I can't even log in since everytime I log in I would get the view of the screen shared in my first query.

The domain was bought to shopify, but it expired some days ago.

Regards,

veachyswimear
Visitor
3 0 0

I can't log even log at contact center. I get this view:

veachyswimear_0-1596133300023.png

So it's virtualy imposible to solve is by myself.

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

My pleasure! Thank you for the additional information as well. At this time, our best next step will be to move our conversation over to email so that I can authenticate you and take a closer look into the status of your account and the domain in question. I've sent an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply to that email and note your .myshopify.com URL so that I can dig in a bit deeper. Also please note your account owner email address in your reply if it's different from the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. That way we will be able to properly complete verification. 

Looking forward to hearing back! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.