I can't generate the legal policy pages on my shopify account

Uriel_Fernandes
Visitor
1 0 0

Is there something wrong with my shopify? Every single tutorial I watch and everywhere I look I see that there was supposed to be "generate" buttons on my "legal page" to generate terms of service, privacy and refund policies automatically, but there are no such buttons on MY shopify legal page.

I seem to be the only person in the world to have this probleem because I googled this issue and no results came up, every shopify legal page seems to have the "generate" buttons except for mine.

So is there something wrong with my shopify? Where are my "generate policy page" buttons?

Replies 23 (23)

Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 57 178

Hey, Uriel.

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

Is it possible that you're accessing Shopify in a language other than English? Our policy generators won't appear on an admin that is in another language as the policy templates are currently only available in English. If that is the case, but you'd like to use the policies in English, you can use our Policy Generator here.

If you store is set up in English, but the buttons still aren't appearing for you please let me know and I can keep looking into this for you.

You can give us a call too or start a live chat at any time. We're here 24/7 and are always happy to help out!

Thank you, 
Lizzy

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Fokion
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue. It's been two days that I am working on it and I cannot find the solution, can you help me please?

Swiiper
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi - first time poster!

I am generating the legal pages no problem in - admin/settings/legal - and hitting SAVE.  At this point, if I check my live site, nothing has happened in the footer (my understanding is that links should be automatically generated in the Footer).  Also if I check "Pages" in the back-end, no new pages have been generated (although I'm not sure if they are supposed to appear in Pages section).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

thebeverageclub
Tourist
4 0 1

Agreed! This exact same thing is happening to me. I made the legal policies, saved them, but they're not showing up on my site. Ideas?

md3
Visitor
2 0 2

I am currently experiencing the same issue and I cannot figur out what is wrong. I am using the Debut theme. Could this be the issue?

Estgemme
Visitor
2 0 0
Same issue here, any help would be appreciated
govindkori
Visitor
3 0 0

I cannot figur out what is wrong. I am Nox Vidmate VLC using the Debut theme. Could this be the issue?

yaacovj
Tourist
14 0 0

I have th same issue. bcs of that Google Suspended my Free Products Shopping Listing.

language: English

i also generated a new Terms of Service (in Admin/legal), still not showing on site.

even tried the Shopify 14 days Trial to generate the Terms of Service: shows error on URL.

tried 3-diferent ways, still shows "Invalid URL"

Parfymist
Visitor
1 0 0

it's still doesent work ?

Balde2001
Visitor
1 0 1
My shop is in English and I still don’t have a generate template button.
I’ve looked for a solution for about 2 hours and still can’t find anything helpful.

woshop
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem. Hoping an answer will be shared in this thread.

MSom
Tourist
9 0 4

Same problem here.  Need this sorted asap as hoping to go live with shop this week!

AnneTHFS
Visitor
1 0 4

Hi!

I just figured it out for my own store:

Go to the online store under sales channels, then navigation, choose footer, select footer menu, add menu item.

From there you need to add a menu item:

Type the title: ex: Shipping Policy

Then click link area below, scroll to the bottom and you will see word policies, click that

Then select the policy that corresponds to the title you added, click add

Do that for all of the policies (Returns, Shipping, Privacy, Terms of Service), and be sure to save.

They show up in the footer on the front page under links.

Hope that works for you too!

Anne

kaleba
Visitor
1 0 0

This didn't work for me, the footer still won't show the links. What do I do?

tdoo46
Visitor
1 0 1

I was having the same problem, but then got it to work... it was a little bit of a fluke, but I selected a different page for a link, clicked add, then went back to edit that menu item and selected policies and then all the different policies where there to select.

LisaSteele
Visitor
2 0 0

Did you get help ? Mine is doing same thing.  My legals ate all there to pick from but when I do & save  not pn my footer !!! 

LisaSteele
Visitor
2 0 0

Not ate lol. Are there !!!

thebeverageclub
Tourist
4 0 1

Yes, I did finally get it to work! A woman posted a suggestion in April, and it worked perfectly. Here's what she suggested:

1 0 1

Hi!

I just figured it out for my own store:

Go to the online store under sales channels, then navigation, choose footer, select footer menu, add menu item.

From there you need to add a menu item:

Type the title: ex: Shipping Policy

Then click link area below, scroll to the bottom and you will see word policies, click that

Then select the policy that corresponds to the title you added, click add

Do that for all of the policies (Returns, Shipping, Privacy, Terms of Service), and be sure to save.

They show up in the footer on the front page under links.

Hope that works for you too!

Anne

thebeverageclub
Tourist
4 0 1

That worked! Thank you!!!

DianeM
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks Anne - you saved me hours of work there!

I will add that rather than generate a 4th column in my footer, I put those links into the body of my other legal text on my footer with no problem

TungDao
Shopify Partner
257 10 36

Hey guys, 

If anyone still need help with this, you can check out our guide on how to add or generate store policy on Shopify.

Hope it helps!

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
Zsnavely
Tourist
3 0 1

I tried adding them all to the footer menu, hit save and they still aren't appearing on my webpage.

thekey
Visitor
1 0 0

for anyone seeing this just click on footer on the left hand side then click menu. Is so sad no one from shopify could help us with this honestly