I can't get rid of pop-up, please help :(

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi all!

I'm looking for help to get rid of this pop-up. 

Initially I thought this was coming in from an app that we installed - proof factor but after uninstalling the app & speaking to their customer support, they mentioned that this pop up was by mailchimp? Is there anyone that can help with this? Will appreciate any help or advise. Thank you!

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 5.09.42 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
247 24 31

Hello Philautia, 

I can assist you in resolving this issue but for that I would need your store access. So, if you are fine with sharing your store access then kindly DM me so that we can discuss further on it. 

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks for offering your service but we're not comfortable with sharing access to our shopify.

Is there another way around this?

Best,
Philautia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
920 58 114

Hi there @philautia!

Don here from Shopify.

Could you share a link to your store with us here first and let us know the name of the theme you are using currently as you downloaded it originally?

Next, if you can let us know how to trigger this pop-up and where it shows up, we can see if there is anything we can do to help out or if not, to put you in touch with someone who can provide support for this.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Don!

Here's the link to our store: https://philautia.co, we are using Debut theme.

There should be a pop up triggered few seconds after you enter our store.

Thank you so much!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
920 58 114

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again there!

Don from Shopify once more.

Thanks for that link and the info on where to trigger the pop-up.

I checked in with our themes team here who were also of the opinion that this pop-up is coming from Mailchimp somehow.

Would you have added this by way of a Mailchimp integration; either via an app or otherwise?

If so, you can reach out to them directly for info on how to remove this from your theme's code.

We're not able to work on third-party code here like this, as we can't be sure of the effects of making any edits to code that wasn't created by Shopify.

Not to worry, as Mailchimp should be able to help you out with removing this from the code as outlined.

Have you been in touch with them before, or can you confirm more info on how this would have been added to your store so we can help you to find support for this?

In the event that you can't get support from them, you could still have a Shopify Expert take a look at removing this code as they would be able to consider a project like this.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Don

We're not sure why is there a pop up as we did not set our pop up with Mailchimp.

We did connect Shop Sync with Mailchimp though.. 

Let us reach out to Mailchimp and see if they're able to help us with this pop up. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
920 58 114

Hi again!

That sounds like a plan!

If you added this using the ShopSync app, I'd try reaching out to them if you can, as you had stated that this was how you added Mailchimp to your store.

You can use the contact details listed here on the app store to get in touch.

They would be more likely to have direct info on how this was added and how to remove it if this is the method you used to add your Mailchimp account here.

Let us know how you get on in any case or if there's anything else we can help out with.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

We found the way to deactivate the pop up. TY!!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Hi 

I have the same issue. Would you mind sharing how you resolved this?

Many thanks

0 Likes