I can't share my product on facebook - help!

1 0 0

I've seen some old posts about sharing on facebook but none have answered my question - sorry for bringing it up again!

Everytime I go to share a product on facebook I get the message: We're sorry but something went wrong. If you are the applcation owner check the logs for more information.

I have connected my shopify store to my businesses facebook page (I don't want to share it as myself because it's a team of people - I am doing the marketing) but of course our main account is going to be facebook so I need to find a way to share!

Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
405 1 30

Hey, Kate !

Koreen here from Shopify.

Thanks for posting and not to worry, we can have a look into this with you. :)

I've tested this out, and do see that the sharing option is working when sharing from both your online store, and Facebook store to personal accounts. However I do understand that you'd like to share this from your business account to your business page.  

There are a couple of ways that should allow you to do this:

I've sent you an email so we can take a closer look into the error you are seeing after testing out both of these methods. 

Do have a look out for this, and reply to me when you can!

Cheers,
Koreen

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
3 0 0

I have the same issue, but i can not share from the tool bar as in picture 1, nor can i publicly share to the page as the page does not allow public sharing.

i recently lost facebook personal profile that created the business page. i had to create a new personal profile and was granted permsiion from another person for admin. 

so am lost???

0 Likes
1 0 0
I’m having the same issue can you help please!
0 Likes
1 0 0

Exact same issue here. Everything looks fine.....select pages, connect pages, then "oops-something went wrong" I have tried adding shopify app to personal page. Products do show in facebook store though. When I go through shopify product admin "Promote"> "Share on facebook" I have to go through the connect pages all over and the "oops- something went wrong. Pleaase help

https://recovery-coins.myshopify.com

https://www.facebook.com/12step.recovery.gifts/

0 Likes