I clicked on fulfill for a what I believe is a fraudulent order.

Excursionist
28 1 5

Does clicking on fulfill automatically capture the payment? Since noticed the fraud I was able to stop the shipment and retrieve the goods but am not sure if I charged the victim CC? How do I know? I also had Shopify Payments set to not accept an order without a CVV but it still did. After I first fulfilled the order and emailed the tracking number to the buyer they immediately placed two more orders all with different cards but the same name (Fake name and email?) The address also shows up on google search to go to a warehouse district somewhere so I am pretty sure this is fraud. How can make sure I did not charge a victim card?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
159 5 23

Hi @joroman2k 

To quickly answer your question;  No, fulfilling the order does not automatically capture the payment unless you have "automatic payment captured settings turned on within your Shopify Store.

In either case, you can just go ahead and cancel/void the order without any fear of a possible chargeback being filed later.

I hope this helps. 

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
Excursionist
28 1 5

Thanks Jason. I did figure out how to cancel the order and Shopify refunded the money so in fact I did capture the money but thank goodness it was just before Payout from Shopify. This person also placed orders from printify which is linked to my store. The fraud "attack" involved many many orders. A warning to all of us to pay attention. I love how this community supports each other and appreciate the time you took to respond.

Cheers.

0 Likes