I closed my paid store, want to reopen

Solved
2 0 0

I hope this isn't a duplicate. My payment came out for my store today. I closed my store today. Since there are no refunds (which I didn't realize until after closing), I'd like to reopen my store for the remainder of the month, but when I login, I'm only getting options to pay for the store...which I already did. Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
185 24 27

Hello, @msjulianajames

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for your question.

You are not missing anything. Being prompted to choose a plan upon logging in after closing your store, is normal behaviour. Reactivating your account within 30 days of closing will resume your original billing cycle once a plan is chosen, therefore, please choose the same plan you were on prior to cancellation, and your payment will automatically be applied to your account so that you can pick up exactly where you left off.

I’m sorry to hear that you are wanting to close your store. Is there something in particular that you are struggling with that prompted your decision to close? Please let me know; I’m here to help, and happy to work with you to grow your business.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks, Helen! I've reactivated my store for the remainder of the month.

I'm closing my store because I'm not really sure how to advertise to beef up business.  I've just been paying and not really utilizing my store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
185 24 27

You’re welcome @msjulianajames!

Thanks for sharing your reasons for wanting to close your store. Marketing your business is something that can be tricky, and it does require trial and error to determine what works best for your products and target audience. 

Since your store is going to be open for a few more weeks, I recommend taking a look at these Live Workshops we are offering this month. They are geared specifically towards creating and implementing a marketing plan for Black Friday Cyber Monday, which is the busiest weekend of the year for online purchases!

In addition to that, we have a lot of great Blog posts to help with increasing traffic and sales. A few that I find particularly relevant are:  

What types of products are you selling? Which marketing tactics have you tried so far?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes