I don’t understand how the customer buys products

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I’m a newbie and have no clue what I’m doing but want some badly to learn. When I go to my website CountryBeez.shop and I look at my products I see one price then when I click on the picture I see the other price .how does the customer buy a product? When I click on a picture there is no way for them to choose which colors they want? Also, when I type in CountryBeez.shop. My Shopify.com it says store unavailable. I’m so stressed out and worried I’m doing something wrong cuz I really need to make money. Please please help me!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 45 130

Hey, @Taylor02!

Julie here from Shopify Support. I'm loving your enthusiasm; it's great to see new merchants eager to learn and I'm happy to lend some insight here. 

First off, thanks for sharing the link to your store. It looks quite polished and your slideshow images are super sharp. Taking a look at your products here on my end, I see the option to "Add to Cart". This button is automatically added to all of your product pages and will give customers the ability to add a product to the cart and complete their purchase. Here's an example of what this looks like when viewing your Inflatable U Shape Neck Cushion Travel Pillow product, where you'll see the Add to Cart button in red:

20-09-avm5p-5qeae

To choose a different colour, your customer will just need to select one of the variants listed above the "Add to Cart" button. In this example, the colour options include pink, grey, red, sky blue, sapphire, and deep blue. When a customer selects one of those colours and clicks "Add to Cart", that's the colour they'll be purchasing when they reach the checkout.

It looks like you've only uploaded one image for this particular product, however. Unless you have added variant images to each product variant, then this image will not change. You can learn more about adding images to product variants here. Is there a specific product that you're having troubles with? 

As for your domain, it looks like your website URL is actually countrybeez.shop, which is what customers will need to enter in their address bar to access your website. The myshopify.com URL that you've referred to is typically only used for login and authentication purposes, so there's no need to provide customers with that URL; since you've already purchased a custom domain, you'll just be using countrybeez.shop instead.

That being said, you should still be able to access your website using the myshopify.com URL. However, the myshopify.com URL you shared doesn't look like a valid URL, since the only periods in the URL should be the ones in ".myshopify.com". You can confirm your actual myshopify.com when you are logged into your Shopify admin, at which point you'll see it in the address bar. You can also find it under Online store > Domains > Shopify managed domains.

I hope this clears things up, but let me know if you have any further questions. As a side note, if you haven't yet launched your store I suggest referring to our Essential Store Launch Checklist. This is a great resource that will help you ensure you've completed all the steps necessary for a successful launch.

Do you have any marketing plans for your business yet? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes