I got Mistakenly Billed for the months I didn't use shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Shopify,

I tried contacting or initiating chat with shopify support team but there was no email nor any chat option.

I Created shopify store when there was a discount on shopify for $299 after that i forgot to remove or close store and left my card there and I got charged for 3 months $299 which is total $897. I never used to this shopify store. I want money to be refunded in my account. Since this amount is too much and I was availing shopify free service but in this covid-19 this is a burden on me.

Kindly help me here you can even check my store that store is not used from last 4-5 months and i was charged for not using it.

Please help me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
599 61 110

Hi @Martezy,

Hyde here from Shopify.

I totally empathize and would like to help. Before I can do that, I will need to better understand your situation.

I'm curious as to how you were led to believe that there was a discount on Shopify for $299, as we do not issue discounts on our subscription plans. We do offer different ways of making it easier for you to maintain your store when you are financially burdened, such as by pausing your store, but this is not a discount for a set amount (like $299).

I should also point out that a subscription with Shopify is much like a subscription with, say, your mobile contractor or your internet service provider, in that you pay a fixed price per month and not according to usage.

For a quick conversation about your billing, you can reach out to support by going to this page and clicking Contact Support. When you do you'll have the option to log in which you should do because it means we can more quickly access your account information. Once you have selected this option you will be prompted to ask about a topic. Simply type "billing" and relevant help docs will populate, but if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see the option to proceed to live chat or email.

You can also reach our Support team @ShopifySupport on Twitter or through Messenger on Facebook here.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes