I got billed for nothing?

Solved
Squire
2 0 2

I closed my store on the last day of the free trial and I get an SMS from my credit card company that I was billed 25$ (80.91 Shekels) ??

I didn't choose a plan I closed it! (Proof is that the store "Oak Sounds" is inactive).

I demand an answer I am so frustrated this is a lot of money for nothing!!

Edward-Newgate
Navigator
488 20 58

Hi @Squire 

Did you install third-party apps or have an unpaid bill? I found this guide and it said that you may be charged when close your store with an unpaid bill or with a third-party app that was installed before. If this is true, you should contact the support team for help.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Squire
2 0 2

No third-party apps were installed.

The billing was from Shopify subscription (stated in the PayPal bill)

Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 164

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Squire,

Hyde here from Shopify.

I completely appreciate that being charged when you did not expect it is not ideal.
The Shopify system can only charge you if you've picked a plan, which suggests that you might have not realized you were picking a plan when setting up the store.

If you contact our support they will be able to provide you with secure account-specific help on this issue. Since this is the next step I’ve marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes