I got scammed by Shopify ( it has been charging my closed store for months)

formalskint
3 0 1

Even though I closed my Shopify store months ago , Shopify has charged my credit card for months. Every month it charges 9 dollars + some mysterious purchases from Dublin. I urgently need help to stop Shopify from charging my closed store and refund all the money that had been charged from my bank account for no reason. 

Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 276

Hi, @formalskint!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Based on the fact that you're receiving a monthly charge of $9, it sounds like you may have an open store on the Shopify Lite plan, which is $9 USD per month. 

Although you should be receiving an emailed invoice after each charge, our store recovery tool will allow you to look up any Shopify stores that are associated with your email address. If you aren't sure which store is still open, then this can help you find out. Then, you can login and close the store to avoid any further charges. 

While I'm not quite sure where the Dublin charges are coming from, this may be a Shopify merchant; have you made a recent online purchase?

If you still need help with these charges, I recommend contacting our Support team directly. They will be able to authenticate your account and escalate the matter to our Billing team for further investigation. When it comes to any matters related to your account or charges, contacting our Support team is always the best course of action.

I hope this helps!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
formalskint
3 0 1

I closed my store a few months ago, and I closed the email account too. The problem is  that it is regularly charging my account, every month 9 dollars plus random charges of 5-6 dollars from Doublin. I have had one store and I can’t access it anymore because I closed it a while ago. I really need help to stop this ASAP 

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 276

Thanks for following up, @formalskint.

I definitely appreciate the stress that comes with unanticipated charges. However, I'm unable to access any account or billing information from here in the Community Forums.

As mentioned above, our Support team is your best point of contact for any account-related or billing matters, since they will be able to properly authenticate your account (even though it's closed) and escalate the matter to our Billing team so they can prevent any further charges. 

I understand that this is a time-sensitive matter, so I suggest reaching out as soon as possible. You can contact Support through our Help Center here.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
yanamartipeshev
1 0 0

I got scammed by shopify the same way. They are charges from Dublin on POS terminal or ATM, that withdraw exactly the same amount - 5$ or 9$. 
Shopify in customer service sux so much. I work in financial industry and we can always be reached. However shopify if you look for a number to call - you can not find. 
I would never use these services as they charge 5$ or 9$ on POS terminal or ATM meaning they use your card details without permission on POS or ATM withdrawing money from your bank account like this. It is really pathetic. I never been so disappointed. Company with 3 bill. $ revenue to have such a poor service or charge you like this. I am really disappointed, i'm investigating the case and if i have to i would take measures, create as well a campaign to show to public and find if there are any other victims of shopify Dublin charges. 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1025 79 271

Hi, @yanamartipeshev

This is Rae from the Shopify team. I'm helping out my colleague Julie with this thread, and I wanted to offer some additional help with the situation you're facing. 

I'm sorry to hear that you keep receiving these charges, and that you've had a poor experience with our Support team. I absolutely understand how frustrating this is, and I'd like to help ensure we can get this resolved for you. 

Have you contacted our Support team about this via our Help Center, as Julie mentioned in her replies above? If not, I really recommend doing so, as our team will be able to help look into these charges further and provide more support.

Once you access our Help Center using this link, you'll be presented with the option to speak with our team via email, live chat, or through a callback. While callbacks may not be available at all times, we're more than happy to help further on email or live chat instead in these cases. 

Please keep me posted on how this goes. We look forward to hearing from you via our Help Center soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes