I have 100 + visitors a day but I am getting 5 -7 orders a month.

Highlighted
4 0 0

I think your photos, and overall feel of the website could use a bit of work. It's hard to get a "feel" for what you are all about.. The photos are very generic and you have tons of random items and no curated collection as the previous poster commented. You need to figure out who your target customer is and design your site, and collections for them. 

It also doesn't feel like the models or photos are professional, which is okay since you are new. I would make sure the photos are edited better, and try to see if you can find a rising model to shoot with. Alternatively maybe crop the photos - ie. A skirt does not need the whole model in it, you can just focus on the skirt. Or a jacket doesnt need the pants - just the jacket. You can have one "lifestyle" photo with the rest of the outfit but really the photo should be focused on the item only. Otherwise the photos are too small to really tell the details. 

Good luck! Clothing is not an easy sell :) 

0 Likes
1 0 0

have you thought about trying a service like soldsie out? http://new.soldsie.com/how-it-works/ I've seen some interesting success from other apparel sellers using instagram comment selling as a means to grow their sales. You've got a pretty solid following on Instagram so it seems like that may be worth experimenting with! 

Good luck! 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

HI Jessica

Well congrats on 100 visitors a day. May I ask where they are coming from?

Do you know how hight the bump rate is on your site? Or what usual path are of your visitors? 
I think it would be good to look at where your visitors are coming from and what they might expect when they click on a link to your website.. does it meet their expactations or not? 

I sometimes have the same problem with conversion.. but I think sometimes its just the day.. or the time of the month. I had really good sells in the beginning and the middle of Feb.. specially on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. nothing on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!!

And now at the end of the month also terrible sales... so maybe ppl just dont have money :D

Is it the same with you.. or is it always kind of staying the same?

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 1

Have you looked at the stats on the 'online store' section of shopify, so look under 'on line store' >overview in the left hand shofify navigationand specifically you want to look at Add to cart, reached checkout and Purchased.

To give you an idea of what these might me our store had 1800 visitors last week, and the we had 7.38% add to cart (135 people), we had 3.93% reach check out (72 people) and 3.39% (62 people) purchased.

You first thing you need to look at how many are adding to cart if its a low percentage you need to ask yourself if the products you sell are right for the customers your attracting, and if not how can you attract the right kind of visitor. If there is a reasonable % adding to cart but they are not getting to the check out again you need to ask why, are the delivery cost too high. Finally you need to look at the number translating to a purchase, if the number reaching checkout is high and purchasing is low you need to consider payment options for example do you offer paypal etc.

​I'd also look at analytics, in the traffic source section and see where the people purchasing are from and equally importantly who are not.  Are conversions coming from direct hits, or google searches. I would then concentrate on the source that is working for you to maximize sales in the short term, but then look at the areas that aren't working in the longer term to start earning from those too.

Looking at the site, i'd maybe think about making the returns policy a little less Harsh sounding. Saying something like "We hope that you'll love your purchases, but if you should decide that it's not what you were looking for when you get it out of the box, return it to us within 14 days, with the tags intact, unworn and unscented and we'll give you your money back"         

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

I suggest using one of the banner apps which are free across the top offering free shipping over a certain price. These would attract people to purchase and highlight offers

also if you use google analytics and add it to your site you can see the exact habits of your users and where you are losing them. It shows you what page they click on and then where they go from there. 

There is also a tracker you can install on the shop basket/cart on google analytics. It's great we use it to see at what point are clients leave us in the buying process - is it on shipping part ? If so attract them with free shipping. Is it on payment ? Try using additional payment methods 

it always takes time to get the correct people to your site but you are getting numbers you just have to fine tune it.

all the Google stuff has videos showing easy setup for what I mentioned and it's free.

I was personally naive on people's shopping habits and thought everyone shopped liked me but obviously they don't and you have to tune you site 

hope it helps and good luck 

1 Like
1 0 0

I do have same issue, actually I do get lot of traffic but there`s no sale so I really struggle at that point. I have tried so many things and I have improved a lot even changed the theme and payment methods and changed the look, pictures and so on. Gave it all and I am stuck I really don`t know what else to do to make people go further than first page and get those sales but nothing happened yet. 

www.kubitzi.com

0 Likes
4 0 0

100 visitors a day but your alexa ranking is 8 million world wide and no rank in the USA.  I'd question the source that tells you that you are getting so many visits per month.  Its possible less people are visiting and then your conversion rate is a lot higher than it appears.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Great Marketing never saved a bad product. Have you tried to make sure that your product fits its product/ market fit?

0 Likes
Tourist
22 0 1

I agree.  I had my google analytics analyzed by an expert and there were bots that were misleading my traffic numbers to be higher than they actually were.

Susanne Quirk pinkandrowe.com
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

I have just launchced my website, its been approx 10 days. I've got about 200+ visitors thanks to facebook and online marketing. I was looking for suggestions on how I can work on the look and feel of the webpage, so as to increase the conversion rate. I see that the bounce rate is pretty high for me and the average duration is about a miunte and half. 
I have a lot of traffic accessing my site through the mobile - are there any applications etc I could use to improve that process?
Can someone also share the name of the tracker you can install on the shop basket/cart on google analytics?

Here's my website: http://www.meraki-jewelry.com/

All suggestions are welcome!

Ashni 

0 Likes