I have 100 + visitors a day but I am getting 5 -7 orders a month.

1 0 1

I have been working on my site for months and making changes I am finally getting over 100+ people consistent daily traffic and still just seeing very limited carts completed. I am hoping to get some honest feedback as to any issues you see when you are shopping that I can fix. My price point varies and I know that but for the products I sell I am very competitive. I do well in my store and at any events I attend but would really like my online store to carry more of its weight. please know that honest, even harsh criticism welcome. . .  my website is Sophiemay.com (shopify has my old web address listed, which will take you there as well) 

1 Like
Shopify Partner
55 0 4

I'm interested to know what the people going to response. Thank you for your post.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Jessica! 

Have you had a look at your analytics? Shopify should have a few numbers on this for you as well like your add to cart % and how many of those reached checkout vs not. 

Through analytics you will be able to tell where people are dropping off and then come up for some reasons why.  

One thing that comes to mind right away is showing off or reminding customers of things like XX amount to free shipping or getting more of the sales or specials up front. Giving specific window of time for a sale or special might also create some urgency with some users and push them to convert! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Jessica! 

Have you had a look at your analytics? Shopify should have a few numbers on this for you as well like your add to cart % and how many of those reached checkout vs not. 

Through analytics you will be able to tell where people are dropping off and then come up for some reasons why.  

One thing that comes to mind right away is showing off or reminding customers of things like XX amount to free shipping or getting more of the sales or specials up front. Giving specific window of time for a sale or special might also create some urgency with some users and push them to convert! 

0 Likes
Excursionist
44 0 9

I like your clothes!  I think the phtos could be better.  your pictures look really washed out with the white background blanding into the background of the website.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Cute site! I noticed you have free shipping on orders over $20. For things under $20 the shipping looks to be $5. It might be a hard sell to spend $5 on shipping when you're spending $8 on a ring. If you're going to that point, you might as well just offer free shipping on everything, right? 

Other than that, keep in mind that this is not that unusual for an online store. The industry conversion rate is something around 2-3%. Just keep plugging your website on social media, in your store, and at events. Print it on your receipts. Get email marketing up and running. Host a contest. Just keep plugging away and spreading the word!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
55 0 4

Sarah, great advice. Thank you.

Just launched my own online store. Check it out please nad let me know what you think.

www.421store.com

Thanks,

Ayad

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
108 0 6

Try adding prices to the slider images so people know how much certain things are without having to scroll down.  That migh help a little.

#1 FREE Website and SEO Analysis --> Our Shopify Storefront Free Analysis Service

Need SEO and Sales? --> Our Shopify SEO Services Topic

Need some online marketing? Contact me at http://www.fullturnmarketing.com and we can help you get the traffic and sales you deserve.
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

A few things that could help improve your conversion rate.

In regards to the header, it is great that you are showing the free shipping, but you might be better off using a header bar that places that message on the top of your page (either selected pages or all pages). Promoting a clearance sale does not seem to be like something that would create urgency to buy or trust with consumers. If you are going to leave it, make the font size a bit smaller, and stick with your brand color - pink.

I don't know what portion of your traffic is coming from mobile, but with more and more coming from mobile, sliders are not as useful.I'd use only one image (no slider), and shrink it so that the entire image appears above the fold. I'd add a CTA 'Shop Now' or 'Shop the Sales'. 

Are you talking about 100 new visitors? Are you getting return visitors? Because the majority don't complete their purchase on their first visit, you may want to add a pop. Our Coupon Pop is a very highly rated Shopify app that can help you generate leads and convert them into sales. 

Good luck!

Inbound Marketing Manager StoreYa.Com http://www.storeya.com/
1 Like
2 0 3

I would suggest you have far too many choices. I think it would help a lot to curate your collection a little more. I also notice there are no lifestyle elements. Just a selection of products. People usually make purchase decisions based on the identity and personality you present. 

I would get rid of the "everthing must go" thing. If customers think no one else is buying your product then they aren't going to want it either. You should use free shipping only selectively, not as your default mode. 

The best thing you could do, I think, is change out the "everything must go" for some super cool lifestyle photos.

1 Like