I have 3 issues & I already have an order, please help!

Tourist
7 0 0
Why isn't my aftership tracking page secured? Where's the ssl certificate? Also can't verify domain because I am unsure of who to use as a email provider besides yahoo & it says free ones aren't supported? And last but not least. How to set up the dns cname stuff? Please help. I already have orders! :(
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
172 17 34

Hi, @Antonio_Gendron.

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

First off, congratulations on your first few orders! No need to worry - although your store has already launched, it's completely normal for questions like these to come up. 

To address your first question, the AfterShip tracking page is actually hosted outside of Shopify. Because of this, you'll just need to reach out to AfterShip directly as they will be able to provide you with some more insight on whether or not their page uses an SSL certificate. You can find their contact information under the Support section of their app page here

Regarding domain verification, are you trying to verify your domain with Google? If so, we actually have a help doc on how to verify your domain I recommend checking out. This help doc goes over the process step by step and also includes a video, making it really easy to follow along. It shouldn't matter which email address you are using, as verifying your domain simply indicates to Google that you are the registered owner of your online store. Where are you getting an error message about your email address not being supported?

If you have created a Yahoo email address for your business, you can most definitely use it to communicate with customers, simply by setting up email forwarding through Shopify. This will automatically direct an email from your custom domain to your existing Yahoo email account. For example, if you own the domain name mystore.com, then you can create the email info@mystore.com for your customers. When customers email info@mystore.com, their messages are forwarded to your existing personal account, for example, mystore@yahoo.com.

However, if you are wanting to set up third-party email hosting with your custom domain, then you will need to use a service like Zoho or G Suite, which will allow you to send an email from an email address associated with your custom domain. Just keep in mind that before you do so, you'll need to complete the steps to verify your domain. If this is something you are already trying to do and you are having issues, please let me know if you are seeing any error messages and at which point those come up. 

In regards to your last question, if you are receiving orders already, it sounds like your domain is already active. This would mean that DNS settings, including your CNAME, are already set up. Where did you purchase your domain from? What exactly are you trying to do with your DNS settings?

To make sure you have everything else covered, I also recommend checking out our Essential Store Launch Checklist. It's a good idea to go over this guide to ensure you have done everything necessary for a successful store launch. What have you been doing to market your store so far? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Tourist
7 0 0
I got all issues resolved save the ssl certification. I got the domain through you guys. :)
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
172 17 34

I'm glad to hear that! 

With the SSL issue, are you referring to the SSL on your website or the SSL on the AfterShip tracking page? By default, all Shopify stores come with SSL certificates, regardless as to where the domain is purchased. However, it can take up to 48 hours for the certificate to fully propagate. 

If the missing SSL is from the tracking page, however, this is something hosted outside of Shopify. If this is the case, have you reached out to AfterShip yet? There is a chance that their tracking pages do not have SSL certificates, but the developers themselves should be able to provide more insight into this for you. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
3 0 0

Hello !

Hope you're doing well .I am writing to you as I've noticed you were looking for custom email setup with your domain.I can help you to have a contact email like username @ yourdomain.com

If you are interested ,I can help to setup free zoho mail,email with your domain in 24 hrs in as low as 5

for order : https://bit.ly/2kWvyLD

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0
Thank you very much, I believe I have the issue resolved but if any problems arise I will take you up on that offer. Your help is very appreciated!
0 Likes