I have a lot of questions, sorry

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

I have a lot of questions, sorry, but do I have to build my own brand at the beginning? It seems troublesome, what should I do? Is it necessary to invite professional people to do it? If I build a brand, do I have to change my strategy in product selection?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 2 12

Many people say that building a brand is a very troublesome thing, and it is not necessary, but if you want to have a stable income and loyal customers, then the brand is very necessary, especially for those who want to take this as a full-time For people, brand awareness will allow you to go further.

Building a brand from the ground up that stands out is no easy task.

“What should it look like?”

“How should it make people feel?”

“Will it resonate with my target audience?”

These are questions that inevitably come up when you start thinking about how to connect the dots between what you’re selling and who you’re trying to reach.

Whether you’ve got nothing but a business idea or want to pivot your existing brand, here’s what you need to know about building a strong brand identity for your business.

What exactly is a “brand”?

A brand isn’t just a recognizable name and logo that distinguishes you in a crowded market.

Your brand is how people perceive you wherever they interact with your business—both the impressions you can control and the ones you can’t.

When you think about it, people have personal brands too. We each have a name, a face, a style, a way of communicating, and with these traits, we make different impressions on different people.

Likewise, businesses have names, products, logos, colors, fonts, voices, and reputations that make up what they are and affect how they’re perceived.

You can’t build a brand without being consistent and maintaining that consistency as you extend your brand to every part of your business. But it all starts with establishing what that consistency is going to look like and the feeling you want it to evoke.

Good branding is at the heart of any good business, but most of the branding advice you’ll find online or in person is about making sure that your brand remains consistent in your marketing efforts, or gets improved, if it’s already established. What happens if your business has never developed a brand, or if you’re just starting out, trying to build a business from scratch?

Related: It’s Not You, It’s Your Story: Why Branding Matters

The latter effort isn’t going to be easy, but it certainly is possible — even for a non-professional. Eventually, you’ll have to enlist the help of an experienced professional (either an in-house creative director or external marketing agency). But when it comes to establishing the core features and qualities of your brand, all you need is a little time, a little research and an in-depth understanding of how your company operates. Here are six considerations.

Building your own brand essentially boils down to 11 steps:

What exactly is a “brand”?

1. Research your target audience and your competitors
  2. Choose your business name
  3. Write a slogan
  4. Separate your unique differentiators.
  5. Choose the look of your brand (colors and font)
  6. Separate your unique differentiators.
  7. Design your logo
  8. Apply your branding across your business
  9. Define your brand as a ‘person.’
  10. Get help.
  11. Progress your brand name as you grow

There are more content in the article, such as how the logo is made, those characteristics that need to be maintained, and where the slogan is designed, these are all important

ANTDIY is a dropshipping app that allows you to find all kinds of products to sell online, add them to your Shopify store, and start selling now. Never worry about packaging or shipping, and focus on developing your business.

Directly connected to the Alibaba platform, we provide you with access to billions of products. Our supply chain innovations enable us to offer you good prices by connecting you with suppliers from AliExpress,1688, and other platforms.

ANTDIY provides dropshippers with a one-stop solution to purchase cross-border products as simply and reliably as they do from local quality suppliers.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
682 73 123

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. You have no need to apologize for having lots of questions, that is perfectly understandable when starting a new business. 

To answer your question, branding is one of the most important investments in time and resources that your business will require. Branding can set your business apart from the competition, communicate your brand message and mission statement concisely and effectively, and ultimately build a strong, loyal customer base. 

We have a great 7 step guide to start your branding efforts here. There is quite a lot to learn, and I recommend reading as many articles as you can about the branding journeys of successful businesses, and emulate what they have done. We have some great blogs here that would be a perfect start. 

Have you started to consider the color schemes, the logo, the mission statement, etc.? 

In terms of changing your products, we'd need a lot more information on what exactly your mission is as a business, and if those products deliver on that mission statement for your customers. 

Is this your first online business? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes