I have a reached checkout but not sales

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, i ran ads for my shop before 2 days and i pay 30$ per day,i have 144 link clicks and 8 reached checkouts,1 abandoned checkout but 0 sales. My shop is https://thedronex.com/, any advice and when i can expect the first sale?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 42 109

Hi, @Antoan!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

I appreciate you sharing the link to your store. It looks really professional and I love your logo. It's also great to see that you're offering free shipping; shipping costs can definitely be a deterrent for customers. As a new store owner, it really takes time and hard work to land your first sale, but I'm confident you'll get there. Since you're already running some ads, it sounds like you're already well on your way. 

While ads can really help drive traffic to your website, they don't guarantee sales. For example, if you've ever clicked on a Facebook ad, it's pretty likely that you didn't end up making a purchase. Putting yourself in the shoes of a customer, what would drive you to purchase a product online?

Some of the biggest sales drivers are promotions and discounts. Are your ads offering any promotions? It can often be effective to create a discount code and share it in your ad copy. This can help encourage customers to make a purchase on your online store. In fact, you can use Shopify's Kit app to create and promote discounts in your ads

I also see that you have a newsletter signup on your website. Are you doing any email marketing? Since you're already driving a lot of traffic to your website, it would be a good idea to encourage customers to sign up for your newsletter in exchange for a discount. This can help build an email marketing list so you can keep in touch with your customers, promote your products and promotions, and potentially capture some sales.

If you haven't already started sending customers emails, I recommend using Shopify Email to do so. We also have some best practices for email marketing that you can check out here

Starting a blog is another great marketing technique that is entirely free. Managing a blog can add credibility to your brand and help engage customers, while also providing them with information about your products. To help inspire you, I recommend checking out our own blog post, "8 Brilliant Blogs Run by Ecommerce Stores (And What You Can Learn From Them)". There are quite a few examples in there I'm sure you'll find helpful. 

To give you some more marketing ideas, we actually have a great guide called, "How to Get Your First Sale in 30 Days: A Marketing Checklist for New Entrepreneurs" I recommend checking out. This guide includes a ton of tips on how you can utilize other types of marketing activities to help generate sales. Many new merchants often find this guide to be a really useful starting point when they first launch their stores. 

I'd love to hear more about the types of ads you're currently running. Where are you running ads? What kind of ads are you currently running? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes