I have a wordpress site I'd Like to convert to Shopify

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi all,

I have the following site: One of One Group

Which is a social media management agency, I built it on WordPress with a rather annoying "Easy builder" tool which I now find to be rather inflexible.

My question is, would it be possible to convert this site for One of One Group into a Shopify website? Also, is it worth operating a service based business on Shopify? so it looks basically identical? I believe Shopify is more hands on with code in order to achieve this, but if you have any recommendations I would appreciate it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi John,

There are many themes to choose from that you can use for a service based business. We have actually built some businesses on the Shopify platform which mainly run a service based business.

As for migrating the site, yes it is possible to migrate the site over to Shopify. However, I would make sure how to move it in a matter that it doesn't affect your SEO.

https://themes.shopify.com/themes Shop some themes here and there are plenty that will suit your service based business.

Regards,

Gary Gill

Syntech Digital

contact@syntechdigital.com

Gary Gill
Syntech Digital
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

I have a client who wants us to turn his website from photokines to shopify, as I see it, it's complicated, there will be some manual

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks for the answer.

I am worried about the SEO implications as I just managed to get my site to a good level.

I will do a bit more research into themes before I do anything.

Thanks for your insight

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

That is what I am worried about.

I like to do things myself but I fear I will have to learn a lot to make it work, time of which i do not currently have.

Thanks for your input

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi John,

Glad I could be of assistance.

If you were looking for someone to migrate your site professionally from Wordpress to Shopify without any implications on the search engine results, feel free to reach out to us at contact@syntechdigital.com and we can talk more about taking care of it for you.

Regards,

Gary Gill

Syntech Digital

Gary Gill
Syntech Digital
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey John,

Did you do it? Shifting your site from WP to Shopify?

I have a client site Neutrino Burst (basically a generic WP blog) that they want to move from WP. Seeing Shopify is mostly for eCommerce, and very few service websites are moving there, I was reluctant to recommend them this. However, lately, I've found a lot of flexibility in their platform and their themes are much more progressive. 

Curious to know what happened with your one?

0 Likes