I have disabled my password and all the SEOs is still showing up as "Coming Soon", to password page

dainteliving
4 0 0

On every SEOs such as Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. I see the description:

"Opening Soon. Email me. Notify me. Spread the word. Share on Facebook Twitter" etc. My password page is disabled so I'm clueless why this is happening. My shop's metadata or what I want the SEO to appear is not what as i wrote and it is not showing up. I have tried enabling back the password page so I can edit the password section in the "Customize" theme, however after i edit to try and make it appear as what i want it to be in the SEOs/metadata, it doesn't change in all the SEOs. It still appears as the same. Can anyone assist me please? I am using Debut theme.

Replies 5 (5)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @dainteliving!

Don here from Shopify.

One thing I can recommend doing after removing your password page, if you want updated info about your store to show online in search results, would be to request a re-crawl of your store by Google.

This would mean that the search engine preview info you see when searching for your store online would be updated to reflect the store as it is at the time of the re-crawl, so should update it from your password page info.

Have you looked at how and where you can add meta info or keywords to your store's pages?

Would you just be starting out with this store still?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dainteliving
4 0 0

Hey Don,

I will try what you suggested and update here along the way. May i ask, how do i know what is my sitemap?

dainteliving
4 0 0

Hey Don,

I will try what you suggested and update here along the way. May i ask, how do i know what is my sitemap?

dainteliving
4 0 0

Hey Don,

I am clueless of what to do. Is there any way that i can get someone from shopify to assist me with it at a fee? Kindly advise. Thank you.

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi again @dainteliving!

Don from Shopify once again.

If you're looking to learn how to find and submit your sitemap to Google, you can find instructions for doing so here on our help site.

Did you manage to request a re-crawl of your site using the guide from Google linked above, or has this been automatically done since we talked earlier?

If you need some help with finding and submitting your sitemap, you would be best served by contacting us via our support site where we will be able to step you through this in real-time. 

Our support is always free to use, no matter what level plan you are on or if you haven't even started a store yet! 

Check out the guide above for finding and submitting your sitemap, watch the videos there and see if you can put it into practice yourself.

We can continue to answer any questions you might have here, of course, though for processes like the above it would make more sense to contact us in a live environment rather than back and forth through forum replies like this.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog