I have entered the wrong bank account details when I setup my store, please help!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

When setting up my store I may have added in the wrong bank account details and I’m having a hard time trying change the bank account details attached to my Shopify store. Customers have purchased products from my store but the money can’t be processed into my bank account. please help, this is urgent. 

Thank you. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
716 24 239

Hey, @ToTheTNBC!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thank you for reaching out. I can see you also spoke to one of our advisors on chat and they are escalating this matter to our Account Integrity team. This is the correct action and it's good you were authenticated on chat to allow us to access your account. The forums are a great resource for help but when the problem is account specific, online chat is better or you can also reach out to us on Facebook Messenger or Twitter Direct Message

Someone from our Account Integrity team will reach out to you by email as soon as they can. Typically, this can take about 72 hours. Rest assured, your money is safe and it will be paid out to you as soon as we have the correct bank details. 

You should already have a ticket number. It will have been sent automatically by email after the chat closed. For the security of your account, please don't share ticket numbers publicly but it can speed things up the next time you speak to us privately.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

I am having this same issue and Shopify is NOT helpful when it comes to customer service. They actually made all the matters worse. I finally think I might have figured it out tho. going to have to see where my money goes in a few days. Anyway, What you need to do is go to your settings from the home screen. then chose Payments, at the top of the payments page you will see a section that says Shopify Payments and a small manage button in the top right corner of the Shopify payments section. Click Manage. then scroll down and it will take you to Bank account information and enter in your information there. BE CAREFUL because if you enter in your old bank account info incorrectly it will put a hold on your account. In the same page you can change the payout schedule to be after every business day. I would change it to that setting, then make sure you press save before you exit the screen.

-Tabitha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

NO @Aria YALL ARE NOT HELPFUL. Nowhere in this message to you explain to the store owner how to resolve. Its just 3 paragraphs of nonsense. Shopify has the worst customer service.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

@ToTheTNBC the TLDR version is: Homepage> Settings> Payments>Shopify payments 'Manage'> Payout Bank Account 'Change bank account. Again be VERY careful to enter in your old banking info correctly or else it WILL put a hold on your account.

-Tabitha (they/them/theirs)

www.thenativedream.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
716 24 239

Hey, @TheNativeDream!

I already knew the original poster did not know the bank details they had entered on the account, therefore it is not possible for them to change it themselves, they need the escalation which had already been handled by another staff member. You are correct in saying a store owner can change it themselves if they do know the bank details that need to be changed. 

The previous bank details need to be entered for security reasons prior to the new bank details and when that is not possible, it requires an escalation to our Account Integrity team. 

I'm glad you were able to change yours on your own, that is certainly a lot faster. 

For anyone else reading who knows the bank details they need to change, this guide explains in detail how to do it. For anyone who doesn't, you can contact our support team for an escalation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
Thank you! I’ll try it out and see what happens!
- Ta’Lonie
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi @Aria . I have been waiting for a response all week but there has been nothing what do I do now? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
716 24 239

Hey, @ToTheTNBC!

I apologize for the delay in response. 

I can see our Account Integrity team emailed you yesterday requesting additional information. Please check your spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox and reply to them directly with any further questions.

Thank you!

0 Likes