I have no access to the account Shopify is saying I am paying out to?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have no idea what account is paying out on my account. I have had the same account for years and not sure where my money is going???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 51 66

Hi, @ModernOutdoor

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out about this; I’m here to help determine exactly where your money has been going!

Which payment provider(s) are you using on your store? Please check which ones are active by going to ‘Settings > Payments’ from your Shopify admin.

If you are using Shopify Payments, the last 2 digits of the bank account connected to your Shopify payments account will be shown under the Payout bank account section as seen below. Please use these last 2 numbers to reference your personal bank accounts to determine which one is accepting the payouts.

20-05-tta9b-vefkb

If Paypal is active on your store, the account that receives payouts when your customer chooses to pay via the Paypal gateway, is seen in the Connected account section, like below. Please login to that Paypal account to view the payout details.

20-05-hif2t-vsb46

For any alternative payment methods or third-party gateways being used, please login directly to the account you have set up with the provider to determine which bank account your payouts are being deposited into.

Another way to see which payment gateways are processing the payments on your store, is to look at the Finances Summary report in your Shopify admin by going to ‘Analytics > Reports > Finances > Finances summary’

The date range for the timeframe you’d like to view the data from is adjusted on the top right hand side, and a breakdown of the total sales on your store per payment method is found in the Payments section, as seen in the example below:

20-05-yi7z7-8zdfd

Hope this helps! However, if you're still having trouble figuring out where your payouts are going, please let me know and I’d be happy to continue working with you in order to figure it out. 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Guys,

We are using Shopify payments and the last two digits do not match any bank account we have. That is what is confusing???

We also just saw that the payment was denied due to wrong bank info?

So I cannot switch accounts if I do not know that old info?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 51 66

Hello, @ModernOutdoor

That IS very confusing! Does anyone else have access to the Account Owner profile for your Shopify account?

First, I highly recommend that you immediately change the password to your account. Here are the steps to do so. As well, please review this Help Doc on Account security to implement further measures to keep your account secure. 

Secondly, our Account Integrity department will be able to assist you in changing the bank account information connected to your Shopify Payments account. For more immediate assistance with this, please contact live support to have them escalate the request for you.

Alternatively, I’m also happy to help facilitate it, therefore I will send you an email with the next steps in order to proceed. Keep an eye out for it.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes