I have recently migrated my domain to Shopify and I am struggling to get my new team linked to it

Highlighted
1 0 0

I recently purchased a new team for 180 USD and by default it got linked to the Shopify domain and not to my primary domain which is my go daddy domain. When I tried to download the team and uploaded back to my main domain it doesn't work. Please someone help. It doesn't make sense to have two domains why Shopify doesn't delete the trial domain with Shopify.com once I have upgraded my plan and I already set the third party domain as main . And there is no way to get in touch with live support only this forum!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
427 50 93

Hey, @diyanachi!

My name is Lizzy. I'm one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

I wanted to start by saying that we do have a 24/7 live support team who would be happy to help you get everything set up! You can reach out by phone or chat here.

I also wanted to double check what you had meant when you referred to the team you've purchased. Was this part of the domain? Please could you share a little bit more about how you'd like this to work on your store.

You will be able to update your primary domain by following the steps in this guide. Then, your store will always automatically redirect to your GoDaddy domain! The .myshopify.com domain will always remain connected however, as this is an identifier for your shop. Similar to a username.

Let me know if updating your primary domain helps to get everything working correctly!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

First of all please correct your post, i think you need to write there theme and you mentioning there again and again team

at which domain you was developed it and its working correctly you just take that domain CNAME and A RECORD and add those in your primary domain, that's it, below let me write how can you do this

Open your cpanel

in Domains you will find there Zone Editor click at Zone Editor and set CNAME and A RECORD

after that click at verify, your site will connect

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: webcoder0001@yahoo.com
WhatsApp: +1 (402) 512-0065
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Shopify Apps Development

0 Likes