I have set up the marketing for Facebook ads, but I am getting this error message.

Veeal
Visitor
1 0 1

I have set up the marketing for Facebook ads, but I am getting this error message. 

There is 1 error with this activity:

• A problem with Facebook prevented your activity from being published. Try to republish in a few minutes.

There was a connection problem to Facebook Marketing

Reload to try and generate the preview, or publish this campaign without a preview.

I have reloaded the page, and also pressed the republish activity button, but the same errors keep coming back up. 

Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Thank you

Replies 8 (8)

tp91
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you fix this? I am having the same porblems..

BullJ
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm having the same problem

Not applicable

Me, too. Same problem. I see multiple threads about this problem but so far no fixes. Do we have to post our ads directly from Facebook Ads Manager and bypass Shopify?

BullJ
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Julie,

The problems seemed to fix itself after a couple of days. Facebook did ban
me twice from posting ads but both my appeals were successful and deemed a
mistake on Facebooks behalf. It doesn't matter where you post your ads from.
Not applicable

Thanks. Then I'll wait a few days. When I logged on to FB Ads Manager I saw that the campaign was successfully created, but there were no ad sets or ads. 

Not applicable

I contacted the app support but all they'll tell me is that they are aware of the problem but are waiting for Facebook devs to get back to them. But according to multiple threads in the community forums, this is an ongoing and intermittent issue. Has anyone had luck using other Shopify apps for Facebook feeds, since the Shopify Facebook channel is apparently only working some of the time?

pacoenriquez
Visitor
1 0 0

I don't know if someone still needs this, but what I did was set up the ads on facebook. First I did it on shopify and I got an error, so I went to facebook ads manager and there I saw that the ad campaign was deactivated, so I activated the campaign and then created a new ad inside that campaign. There's an option there to use shopify products to make the ad, so it's sort of automatic. 

emiliestore
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello any one still having the problem - when I try to setup the campaign directly on facebook it doesn't give me the option to directly add my products.