I just bought a working site and need to change country from Canada to US

wgseaton
Visitor
1 0 0

I just bought a working site jemrf.com

I was given the access code as the email was part of the sale.

I have changed all the billing and other information over but not the Location Country.

It says I have to turn off Payments.  Which looks like I deactivate the account.

I just want to change the general information and country setting.

If I turn payments off, will that allow me to change the address and country then turn payment back on and not loose the bank settings?

Replies 2 (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

I recommend you to email directly to Shopify's Merchant/Technical support. They should assist you with the account transition.
Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/email

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @wgseaton! Thanks for starting this thread. I’ll chime in here, and hopefully save you some time from having to reach out to live support. 

It sounds like you have Shopify Payments enabled on your store, correct? In order to be able to change your store address, you do need to deactivate Shopify Payments first. This is partially because the requirements and eligibility to use Shopify Payments is determined by where your store is based out of. 

As it stands now, it sounds like you have a Canadian Shopify Payments account set up on your store, and so switching your store location also means you will need to switch your Shopify Payments account to a US one; You will need to go through the Shopify Payments account setup for your business within the new region, including entering a bank account that fits the requirements for a US Shopify Payments account. 

Does that make sense? If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know. I’m happy to help.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.