I'm 14, am I too young to be earning online?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
35 0 8

Hey Guys,

I'm Oli i'm 14 and Sales Director at Swole Panda. Last year we made a lot of sales and a big profit. Dealing with all the requests has made my school work suffer. My teachers say i'm too young to be involved in a business but i just want to carry on my parents money making legacy instead of learning algebra. My business partner and I have grown Swole Panda into something that would be stupid to just give up it has the potential to go far and has already achieved great things. I have been an online entrepreneur since I was 11 but sold off all of my other brands and decided to get involved with Oli's (my business partner, not me) brainchild in Swole Panda.

If your interested Swole Panda is a 'Bamboo Clothing and Accessories' brand. Our most popular products are our sunglasses, feel free to take a look at our collection here. Oli Slacke (my business partner) established the brand early in 2014. I got invloved through my previous retailer Olls & Co where I used to sell his products.

I just need some advice. Do you think i'm too young to be working in a business? I love doing business if there's anything to do such as business plans or building a new website I just can't get enough. My problem is that when I have to do my homework I think "English, Maths and Chemistry or contact a few online retailers and shops for Swole Panda" almost every time I go for the latter. 

Any advice would be great! Or if you'd rather pop me an email it's ostephenson99@gmail.com.

Cheers guys,

Oli Stephenson

Sales Director and Shareholder of Swole Panda Bamboo Clothing and Accessories

ollsandco.co.uk (temporary domain while we switch our old websites domain www.swolepanda.com over)

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
25 0 3

You are not to young to be in business if anything you are at the right age. All you need is a good business plan and support from your parents. You need to learn how to do time management so your business dose not interfere with your education. You should at least  graduate from high school are whatever the equivalent is in your country. You education is of equal importance to your business. You need to remember that knowledge is power.

1 Like
Highlighted
9 0 0

Oliver, you are 14 and a Sales Director! That's impressive! It seems that you are doing good in your businness. What I would like to suggest is, take time out for your business from your homework, it shouldn't be the other way round.
Education is important. Continue with your business, don't expand it yet, just maintain it. Take it slow and steady. Once you have all the degrees in your hand, Sky is the limit.
All the best mate! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Defenitley stay in business. I am currently 19 years old and run a successful 6-figure eCommerce store. I started doing business related things in 8th grade. I am sure glad I didn't stop. Keep going but what everyone else said time management is something that should be worked on because your education is important and you have along ways to go with it! I am actually interested in talking more business with you. Please send me a email: scannell.twitter@gmail.com. Looking forward to talking more with you!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Tell your Teacher to Mind her business. Or in other words tell her that "Like how you mind your business, Let me mind my business",  cause she is just doing her business.  Once you have your business, you can hire just anyone.  Tell her that since she knows algebra, you will hire her after her retirement, to teach you algebra. 

Let us build a new tomorrow for our future to live in. http://bit.ly/IN10CLUB http://bit.ly/NFNATION
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

hehe, wiser to be good at Nth grade algebra before considering hiring someone because you made loads of money

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
2 0 1
Oli, I was in a similar position to you around your age. I'm probably supposed to say I focused on school and left with good grades. Then went on to business later on.

I didn't. I progressively lost more and more interest in school in favour of my business. I used to get home from school, try do homework, usually fall asleep instead, then able to work into the night on my business. It's almost like having two jobs and all your friends get to go out and have free time.

I'll tell you this; an entrepreneur lives a few years of their life like others won't, so that they can live the rest of their years like others can't.

So start early, you're already ahead most people in their 30's. Your teachers didn't choose the life you'll have, so their opinions and advice should be taken with a pinch of salt. If they knew how business worked, they'd probably be driving Ferraris.

P.S - I checked out your site and didn't recieve an incentive to sign up my email. You're leaving money on the table. Harvest customers/non customers emails so you can market more to them. Best of luck.
1 Like
Highlighted
9 0 0

You need (in New York) to be 17 to have a driver's licencse. That's a safety issue. If you have an idea that can make money, there's no age minimum to go into business. For decades children sat in front of their homes with lemonade stands and sold. 

I say, give it a go, but don't get yourself in a hole financially or with so much work you can't complete your school work. Gof for it!

Jordan Silver

Mondo Monster Wear

info@agmediasolutions.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

It's very impressive to be involved in business at such young age.  But education is also important.  You will realize that one day.  Not everybody can be so lucky like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg. good luck buddy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

If you are a native speaker, you can register at Preply as a tutor and start earning money. So you should be responsible and patient. You will have to repeat the material to your students, because they may not remember the first time. Try it

0 Likes