I'm leaving my attempt at a 1 product store behind; tired!

Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 4

This is just too much. I already have another store that I'm considering moving away from Shopify, but I do Luv Shopify and wanted to try a 1 product store during the "new" free trial. This product took me forever to find again on Ali so I decided to jump on it. Then I found out it was "blacklisted", so I contacted the seller and they replied with a different link within their store. Cool, I thought, they replied so this must be a sign that it's okay to move forward with this product. They couldn't explain why it was blacklisted, only that "others" had the same problem. Again, I continued to work on product video and my store...only to go back into Oberlo and see it marked as BLACKLISTED AGAIN! This is NOT a good sign.

I'm keeping my domain for this shop, but closing before the trial ends. I'm tired of how people say it's so easy. I'm not in a position to take on returns for shady items. I'm not bashing Shopify; it's at the top of the list in e-commerce in my books.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 4

so why not try another product?

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 4

Indeed, I will 🙂 I guess it was just the icing on the cake as far timing for me. Basically, I was building this trial store and the item was blacklisted twice and I was only a few days from launching, While I was doing this my other site needed attention, so I feel like now isn’t a good time to throw in a different product. But I will return in due time for another shot at this type of store👍
I do agree with you, that you should not give up, just try a different product, for sure! It was frustrating though not knowing why or how an item gets blacklisted. Oh well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 4

That is indeed a frustrating thing to deal with but if you chase two rabbits, you will lose both of them. Its good to set a priority. Hang in there. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 4

Thanks Duchess_
Take care out there ;)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
233 8 28

Glad to see that you got that sorted out. One product Shopify store ain't easy, it's just as hard as any other business.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 4
Hey thanks for the link TungDao! I love the extra info. I’m sure in these crazy times anyone new to starting a biz will appreciate this thread. It just proves that even if you already are a Shopify user; there may be times when it Is better to concentrate on what’s working instead of jumping on another idea in the middle of building a brand. The opportunity will always be there for my 1 product store venture and these replies put me at ease with my decision for now. Thanks Community!
2 Likes