I'm leaving my attempt at a 1 product store behind; tired!

Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4

This is just too much. I already have another store that I'm considering moving away from Shopify, but I do Luv Shopify and wanted to try a 1 product store during the "new" free trial. This product took me forever to find again on Ali so I decided to jump on it. Then I found out it was "blacklisted", so I contacted the seller and they replied with a different link within their store. Cool, I thought, they replied so this must be a sign that it's okay to move forward with this product. They couldn't explain why it was blacklisted, only that "others" had the same problem. Again, I continued to work on product video and my store...only to go back into Oberlo and see it marked as BLACKLISTED AGAIN! This is NOT a good sign.

I'm keeping my domain for this shop, but closing before the trial ends. I'm tired of how people say it's so easy. I'm not in a position to take on returns for shady items. I'm not bashing Shopify; it's at the top of the list in e-commerce in my books.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 4

so why not try another product?

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4

Indeed, I will 🙂 I guess it was just the icing on the cake as far timing for me. Basically, I was building this trial store and the item was blacklisted twice and I was only a few days from launching, While I was doing this my other site needed attention, so I feel like now isn’t a good time to throw in a different product. But I will return in due time for another shot at this type of store👍
I do agree with you, that you should not give up, just try a different product, for sure! It was frustrating though not knowing why or how an item gets blacklisted. Oh well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 4

That is indeed a frustrating thing to deal with but if you chase two rabbits, you will lose both of them. Its good to set a priority. Hang in there. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4

Thanks Duchess_
Take care out there ;)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
252 10 32

Glad to see that you got that sorted out. One product Shopify store ain't easy, it's just as hard as any other business.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4
Hey thanks for the link TungDao! I love the extra info. I’m sure in these crazy times anyone new to starting a biz will appreciate this thread. It just proves that even if you already are a Shopify user; there may be times when it Is better to concentrate on what’s working instead of jumping on another idea in the middle of building a brand. The opportunity will always be there for my 1 product store venture and these replies put me at ease with my decision for now. Thanks Community!
2 Likes