I'm not receiving emails

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

My domain is hosted through shopify and my email is forwarded to an icloud account (myname@icloud.com). I haven't been receiving my email. Do I need to have my domain email hosted by GSuite or Zoho to make it work?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

This is an accepted solution.

Hi - no you don't need to use GSuite or Zoho etc. if you are just wanting to forward emails. They come into play if you were wanting your email reply address to come from your domain name e.g. christine@adaptiveresuser.com.

What you have done should work. So if it were me, I would try the following to try and diagnose the problem:

- Check your spam in icloud to see if they are hiding in there

- Remove the last two alias -> alias forwarders as maybe they are an issue i.e. just keep christine@adaptiveresuser.com -> christinetererell@icloud.com

- Try forwarding to an email address that is not an icloud one

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I'm not receiving emails either. I entered a gmail account as the sole address for communication for the account but correspondence from customers is not getting through. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

@omnisonic can you explain a bit more. Where did you enter a gmail account, how are customers trying to contact you?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Settings > General > Store Details section.

I checked my spam folder. 

They are trying to use the Contact Us page. Even when I try it myself by messaging myself through the Contact Us page it never comes through to my Gmail account.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

OK - Just to double check, you have the gmail account in the field called 'Customer email' and not just 'Store contact email' as it is the former that the Contact Us form uses?

If it's not the above, then probably some issue between Gmail & Shopify so i'd try a non-Gmail email address and see if that works.

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi,

We have the same issue. When general email is tested I received it in the spam folder. But when I tested other notifications like order confirmation, I have not received anything. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I got it Jon.

I am using PageFly. When you use the 'Form Element' in PageFly at the top of the 'General' menu for the 'Form Element' there is an option for 'Form Type' that can be either 'Customer' or 'Contact'. 

I had it set to 'Customer' when it needed to be set to 'Contact'

Thanks for your help today. 

Edit: Also, it works with gmail. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233
Great. Glad you got it working.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi my email is not working. When I enter my email address attached to my shopify store it states email is recognised. 

my store name is https://kashish-traders.myshopify.com  . When I try to login to my store it says 

It looks like you don't have access to this store. Contact the store administrator for access. can you please check and reslove this issue

0 Likes