I made my 1st 10 checkouts

4 0 0

Now that I made my 1st 10 checkouts, how Often do I get paid?and when does it come? Can anyone answer because my other platform say's that my pay should come automatic and they don't do anything with that but linked me back to my shopify community, so community I need your feed back I have to pay my experts for helping me with my store. Thanks cedcommerce your expertise helped and buying a 180.00 theme helped to.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
764 56 180

Hey, @Barbiedolll!

Julie here from Shopify Support. First off, congratulations on your first few sales! 

When it comes to receiving payouts for your orders, how you are paid really boils down to the payment method the customer used. For example, if a customer paid through PayPal, then you will receive the payout from PayPal directly. Which payment gateways have you set up in Settings > Payments? You mentioned that you checked in with your "other platform" regarding payouts; which platform are you referring to?

Typically, all stores are automatically setup with PayPal and Shopify Payments, if available in your region. If you are using both of these payment gateways, then you'll need to ensure that you've properly completed the account setup so you can receive your funds.

We actually have a help doc on how to finish setting up your PayPal on your store, which will walk you through the process of ensuring you have a PayPal Business account and that it's successfully connected to Shopify. Because PayPal is a third-party gateway, you'll just need to check in with PayPal to make sure that you have a bank account connected on their end and to find out how often you'll get paid. 

If you are also using Shopify Payments, then you will need to connect your bank account to complete the account setup if you haven't done so already. This will ensure that you receive your payouts in time. Once that's done, you can track your payouts in Settings > Payments > View payouts. It's also worth noting that pay periods with Shopify Payments may differ depending on where you're located. You can learn more about payouts with Shopify Payments, including how to change your pay periods, here. If you are using any other third-party payment gateways, however, then you'll just need to check in with the payment providers themselves for information on payouts. 

It's also a good idea to double-check each of your orders and confirm which payment gateway your customers used so you know where the payout will come from. You can do this by going into each individual order from your admin and scrolling down to the Timeline, where you'll then see the Payment event. This will tell you exactly which payment gateway the customer used. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you require any further clarity! I'd also love to hear how you landed those sales. What have you been doing to market your business? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes