I miss my last day trial to close account

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, i miss my last day if trial to close my account due to some emergency. When i want to close my account it said faid due to insufficient amount. Do i i need to pay full fees when i want to close my account? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
596 80 111

Hi, @Luqman,

Hank here from Shopify. 

First off, I hope that you are okay and all is well following your emergency. Running or indeed closing a Shopify store certainly comes after your own health and wellbeing in terms of priorities.

That said, I can certainly assist with any questions you have relating to your store.

Normally, once the trial period is finished, and no plan has been selected, the store would naturally cease to exist until a paid plan is chosen.

If a plan was chosen, then it enters the billing phase. You would have a set billing date (every 30 days, which you would be notified), where your monthly payment would be made. Now say there is an issue and the payment could not be made, the system would automatically attempt two further times to make a payment to the account to pay the 30-day subscription.

If however, after the third payment that no fees are collected, then the store would go into a pause or frozen status. This essentially means that to reopen, close, or continue with the store, the outstanding payment would have to be paid, then it would revert to the standard 30-day billing cycle.

So there are a few options that can be done if you are wishing to close or continue with your store. If wanting to close, you can let the automatic attempts continue, and after the third, the store will essentially start to close. Should you wish to reopen this, you would just need to pay the outstanding fees. Then if you want to pay the fee, then close your store, which can be done also by following the steps located in this guide. In some situations, we then may be able to provide a refund for your Shopify subscription if within the past 30 days. However, third-party app charges are decided by their developers.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you need further assistance with this, my friend!

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes