I missed the auto-renewal period for my domain, and now it's stuck "in process". Help?

supkate
2 0 0

I didn't have auto renewal selected for my shop domain, and now that I HAVE selected it, billing is backdated and seems stuck "in process" with no way to fix it. I can't figure out how to open a support ticket, or fix now defunct domain. Help???

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1194 155 194

Hey, @supkate. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this! 

How long ago did your domain expire? For domains that are still in their Grace Period (less than 40 days since it expired), then a Support Advisor can manually renew it for you. To create a support ticket for this, please login to your account through the Help Center and choose to connect via live chat, email or phone callback. 

If it’s been longer than 40 days since your domain has expired, your domain will be in the Redemption Period. Please continue with creating a support ticket for assistance with renewing it during this time, and your Support Advisor will escalate your request for renewal to the Billing department to help with.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything else!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Loveleshialee
2 0 0

How do I renew my domain name ? It’s a Shopify bought domain 

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1194 155 194

Hey @Loveleshialee. Thanks for reaching out!

If you didn’t enable the auto-renew option for your Shopify domain as detailed in the Help Doc for Renewing Shopify-managed domains, then it will need to be manually renewed by a member of the Shopify support team. Please login to your store through the Help Center as explained above, to create a support request and a Support Advisor will be happy to help you with this.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

0 Likes
Loveleshialee
2 0 0

I don’t see any of those options in the help center and when I hit the contact support button it takes me back to the original help center community page. 

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1194 155 194

Hey again, @Loveleshialee! Once you login to your store from the Help Center link above, are you taken to the page as seen in the screenshot below? If this is the page you’re referring to, please follow the instructions listed there, and enter a topic in the search box (ex. "domain renewal"), so that you are directed to the correct support team.

21-30-89731-28715

You should then be provided with a list of relevant resources. However, since you will need to receive assistance from a Support Advisor for this particular situation, please scroll down to the bottom of the page where you’ll find the option to ‘Continue’ to the support options page. 

Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1194 155 194

Hi, @Loveleshialee. Just following up on my previous post to make sure you were able to get in touch with a Support Advisor after entering a topic into the search bar. Hopefully you were! But please let me know if it was still giving you trouble, and you haven’t been able to get in touch with anyone to help you renew your domain. I’m here to help.

0 Likes